Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I think the soundtrack bundles may have sold out even faster with the second half, geez. After seeing how fast the stock sold with the first batch, I figured what the hell and ordered a standalone PS4 copy too. Now to just see if it's possible to have my orders manually combined, but if not, no biggie. Looks like they're going to have to up the print runs yet again for the next game. I'm really hoping they can eventually figure out that sweet spot that'll maintain enough demand to sell through everything but at a comfortable rate so that it's not a mad dash. Obviously it'll vary from title to title, though.
    Thanks for bumping this topic. I missed the first batch, but got one of each in the afternoon. I don't think they actually restocked the soundtrack bundle though. I added it to my cart within seconds of it saying it was back in stock, but as soon as I tried to checkout, it said they were out of stock. I tried several times with both versions, but the same thing happened every time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So anyone get their yet in the mail?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    So anyone get their yet in the mail?
    Nope, but it could be up to two weeks until some orders ship. They have one person doing all the packing/shipping. I'm very excited to see what new titles they announce after Oddworld and Cosmic Star.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Haven't even received a shipping confirmation yet. No biggie, though, I don't mind waiting a little while.

I know they had the PS4 print run on hand before the game was put up for sale but not the Vita copies, so I wonder if orders for just the PS4 version (plus or minus soundtrack) will go out slightly faster, if perhaps the Vita print run is still in transit to them.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I didn't even know Oddworld was going to get a retail release, guess I'll get that one as well. I looked it up and it said it'll only be getting a Vita release. Does anyone know if the news sites are leaving out for PS4 or is it only coming out for Vita.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I didn't even know Oddworld was going to get a retail release, guess I'll get that one as well. I looked it up and it said it'll only be getting a Vita release. Does anyone know if the news sites are leaving out for PS4 or is it only coming out for Vita.
    No announcement has been made other than for the Vita version, but Limited Run Games has indicated that it's up to the developer if they want to do a PS4 version as well.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Haven't even received a shipping confirmation yet. No biggie, though, I don't mind waiting a little while.

I know they had the PS4 print run on hand before the game was put up for sale but not the Vita copies, so I wonder if orders for just the PS4 version (plus or minus soundtrack) will go out slightly faster, if perhaps the Vita print run is still in transit to them.
    You're probably right. I saw a couple of people receive theirs on Twitter and they were both single PS4 copies.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

This is a regular thing, but I just wanted to complain. Resellers that purchase these games to immediately throw on Ebay are scumbags. Don't care who you are, if you purchase something like this with the intent of making a profit of people who actually want a copy and nothing more, you're a piece of shit scumbag. Get a real job and stop being a dick by making profit on someone else's hard work by being a vulture.

*edit*

Also, yes the comment above sounds hash, but this is a limited availability item that everyone has access to that people actually want. Something that is gone with 30 minutes, that's how much people are interested in getting a copy. This isn't like these people found a pile of Earthbounds at a garage sale or a local store for $10 each and wants to profit on that. This is something that is limited and these people are taking away the availability from someone else to make several times more money than what the publisher is making for a single sold game. It's just a really dick move to throw this up on Ebay before you've even received your copy. Hell. If you had a marginal interest and then you kept it awhile and then decide you don't want it, selling it then is a reasonable expectation, but not buying it just to sell it and screw people who actually want a copy.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 02-04-2016 at 04:07 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    This is a regular thing, but I just wanted to complain. Resellers that purchase these games to immediately throw on Ebay are scumbags. Don't care who you are, if you purchase something like this with the intent of making a profit of people who actually want a copy and nothing more, you're a piece of shit scumbag. Get a real job and stop being a dick by making profit on someone else's hard work by being a vulture.
    Couldn't agree more.