Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i went to look up the cost of that game i got at the swap when it was being sold at LRG and noticed these:

https://limitedrungames.com/products...ve-cover-sheet
    https://limitedrungames.com/products...ve-cover-sheet

kinda seems a bit sketch in a way, cheap way to get good empty game cases for loose switch games though
    So I guess they forgot what the word "exclusive" means.

You know what, I half expect them to just make limited editions of games, and then reprint them with a second "limited" print run. Like you need to hurry as there's only 500 copies available, and when they're sold out, then they'll make a second 500 copies.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    So I guess they forgot what the word "exclusive" means.

You know what, I half expect them to just make limited editions of games, and then reprint them with a second "limited" print run. Like you need to hurry as there's only 500 copies available, and when they're sold out, then they'll make a second 500 copies.
    They kind of already do that when they rerelease games at Best Buy. You have no idea which games are being released at Best Buy. Granted it "might" be a single printing, but what I'm pretty sure happens is based on the popularity of the title they print more and ship those to Best Buy. Who knows how much inside knowledge they have about available Best Buy stock to reprint copies, no one knows that they're being reprinted if they are. Some games have been at Best Buy for over a year.

Do you really expect me to believe that Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 is still in stock at Best Buy online because all copies haven't yet sold? Especially when it's been there for over a year, not to mention atleast a dozen other LRG games? Not only that, it's BOTH the Switch AND PS4 versions. I can't exactly guarantee, but I don't think it's a coincidence that these games have remained in stock. With as scummy as LRG has become within their second year of existence, but especially now.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i stumbled across this video a little while ago and thought about sharing it or not
    sorry if its been posted before but i wasnt going to sift through this whole thread looking if it was or not.

it follows kinda the same thing i think about them, with the added failed scalper attempts in the current time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well i don't know why a investment group would buy lrg but here it is they are now owned by the embracer group.
    https://www.gematsu.com/2022/08/embr...nd-tuxedo-labs

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The Embracer Group is THQ Nordic and Koch Media, also known as Deep Silver. Basically the worst publishers in the industry who unfortunately have bought up the rights to many of the best AA development studios. They're the best, worst company in gaming because there's so much talent but owned and ran by some of the scummiest management in the industry.

As great as the games are, Battle Chasers Nightwar(hidden gem, amazing RPG,) Titan Quest, This is the Police, the Darksiders remasters and the new Darksiders games, the games are riddled with bugs, glitches, massive frame drops, crashes, etc, and yes, even This is the Police which is almost entirely 2D.

As often as LRG released games that weren't full patched(all the freaking time) or often times started to release the games for a day one preorder which we know won't have all the patches even when we get it eight months from now, or just how bs the prices have got. LRG usually charges an extra $20 per release instead of their initial statement of "we'll never charge more than $10 beyond the digital price" and don't feed me that line because Switch price parity because Switch carts don't cost that much, or what about back then when they were only $15 extra, or how about when the games are only getting a PS4 version, what's the excuse then? The Switch carts being more expensive is an excuse because they've kept on raising the price beyond the extra $5 they said was only due to price parity with Switch. There's almost nothing released now that isn't $20 extra.

But is one of the worst publishers in gaming going to make LRG worse, or are they going to let them run things as they already are since you can't possibly be more douchier than LRG already is to their fanbase without having people no longer interested at all and just quit buying from you period.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kupomogli For This Useful Post:

The S (08-20-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The Embracer Group just bought up the rights to Lord Of The Rings and all Tolkein's works. So expect them to be whored out in a million ways.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

sounds like they are the new EA

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    The Embracer Group just bought up the rights to Lord Of The Rings and all Tolkein's works. So expect them to be whored out in a million ways.
    You mean even more than they have been already? It's hard to imagine that being possible.