Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today's the day for Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice and the Saturday Morning RPG vinyl OST. The latter is already gone, and I'm not sure if it's coming back at 6pm EST. The first batch of Dragon Fantasy's Vita version and OST went in the blink of an eye, but there's still a small amount left of the first batch of the PS4 version for now.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Looks like there is more stock of the vinyl for later, and at some random time today, they'll be selling a very small number of bundles of Saturday Morning RPG for Vita or PS4 with the vinyl.

Interesting news today too. LRG is expanding into PC releases with the HD remaster of SUDA51's debut game The Silver Case.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Even more exciting news came out yesterday. Apparently, LRG is releasing the second and third Shantae games on PS4 mid-October. It's especially great for Risky's Revenge because it'll be the first time the game has been released physically. These two have definitely shot up near the top of the LRG releases I'm looking forward to. And XSEED is releasing the fourth game soon, so it's a good time for fans of the series. Now if only we could get an affordable physical release of the first game, but at least it can be acquired legally at a decent price digitally on 3DS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Too bad there aren't Vita versions of either game as that's the platform I'd like to get them for, but I won't pass up the PS4 versions.

I'm so glad I bought the game when it first came out in 2002. I didn't yet have a GBA, and bought Shantae because of magazine coverage and thought it looked really, really great - plus I was a young teenager and quite liked the concept that the main character was wearing something like a bikini.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Fourth PS4 game I've received and the only PS4 game I've ever received that I've received in the mail that's now pretty much worthless. I'll see if I can get a refund on it, if I can't, might just trash the game. Had very little interest in Dragon Fantasy anyways but still had a little interest in it, this makes it as worthless as the digital version. Between most releases not being very good, if this happens again I don't think I'll be bothering with LRG anymore. I've mentioned they should start using cardboard backers or bubble wrap around each game in a post in the forum and that I'd be willing to pay a couple extra dollars to make sure the games came in good condition, will see where it goes though.

*edit*

So I never knew you could get the items shipped in a box, never saw the option of a box in their store or to choose when paying, but found out there actually is. Increases the order cost by $5 though which is a bit steep. $10 for shipping in the same region is a bit ridiculous. I wouldn't complain at $8 since it's just them as a small business, but even then it shouldn't cost more than $6 or $7. It's a flat rate fee of $7 at the post office of up to a certain weight, something a set of games isn't going to exceed.

Last edited by kupomogli; 09-30-2016 at 01:12 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

^ I haven't picked up my copy of Dragon Fantasy from the PO yet, but the only other game I've ordered from LRG had the disc rattling around inside the case. It sucks that these games come in the mail like this when they are supposed to be collector's items.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

LRG will replace (or probably refund the item price) anything that's damaged, but it's on you to cover the return shipping. I personally opted to hold on to my slightly damaged PS4 Saturday Morning RPG rather than spend even more on it and waste my time on a trip to the post office. Maybe that was a dumb move given current values on the game, but oh well.

Either way, a damaged LRG game is definitely not worthless. I mean, if a slightly damaged sealed copy is worthless, then I guess all my opened Vita copies must be totally worthless too. But if you check completed eBay auctions, that's just not the case. I think a LRG release would have to be totally mangled, with the game unplayable, for it to lose essentially all value. I mean, people were clamoring to win even loose copies of Breach & Clear from LRG giveaways.

Anyway, Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics and Thomas Was Alone have been put up for sale, along with the Thomas Was Alone OST. The stock bar is in the red for most everything right now, but nothing is sold out of its first batch just yet. Seems the print run sizes are decent enough to prevent too much insanity this time around.