Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
You don't have to do anything and as others have pointed out, you're within your rights not to support or like LRG or any other publisher. I will tell you as someone who works for a major entertainment company that used to make a signifiant share of its revenue from home video sales and video games that when consumers in large numbers wait for massive discounting or simply lose interest in a product category, that the publishers will either scale back the number of releases or simply get out of the business altogether. That's how business works. When games are discounted, the publisher generally has to give a credit or refund to the distributor who then passes that on to the retailer. Selling you a physical game at $15 makes any profit margin almost non-existent which does have a very real impact on the bottom line of everyone down the line (developer, publisher and retailer) since there are certain fixed costs (packaging, replication, shipping, inventory storage, overhead, etc...) that do not similarly get reduced.
That's the problem of the publisher. I can't do their cost calculations. It's fourty years since I did at a college-prep school for economics in Germany all kinds of cost calculations even using calculus, and even back then I found it terribly boring. Obviously. Soedesco got it down and they are doing it right, at least they are publishing more and more games and even among them great ones.

I have around ten games by Soedesco on my shelves, for half of them I paid the normal retail price. I consider myself a good and rational customer.