Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames View Post
    There is a chance we may do Nintendo, but Microsoft is hard to work with this generation.
    Alrighty. Good to know.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Does it have to be indies also? Sony had to step in and fund Yakuza 5 for it to get localized over here, but even then it's digital only. Would getting a physical release of this be a possibility?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0) LimitedRunGames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Does it have to be indies also? Sony had to step in and fund Yakuza 5 for it to get localized over here, but even then it's digital only. Would getting a physical release of this be a possibility?
    We want to do non-indie games too. If you only knew how bad we want to publish Yakuza 5.... It's one of our favorite game series.

This Thursday at 11:30 am est! Who is excited?!

Getting to this point has been amazing for us, mainly due to all the support everyone has given us. We really appreciate everything you've done for us. We promise to make this launch go smoothly. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Our site is now live! http://www.limitedrungames.com

Breach & Clear is not able to be bought yet - it goes live at 11:30AM EST on the 29th!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Thanks for the updates! I don't imagine Breach & Clear will sell out super fast (heck, even the mere 300 copies of Elminage Original were available for about a day), but I think I'll register in advance just to make things easier for me.

Oh man, I just looked up more info on Saturday Morning RPG and found out that Vince DiCola did the soundtrack. I think that alone is gonna sell me on it, and I don't even have a PS4 yet, haha.

Edit: Haha, I just noticed that print run for Saturday Morning RPG, that's cute. I assume it's 1980 and not an even 2000 because the game is inspired by 80s cartoons?
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 10-26-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Looks like the rumors were right and Cosmic Star Heroine will indeed get a physical print run, for both Vita and PS4: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1395384

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Looks like the rumors were right and Cosmic Star Heroine will indeed get a physical print run, for both Vita and PS4: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1395384
    Thanks for posting that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

LRG is publishing Divinity Original Sin 2. While I believe the games biggest design issue comes from the split armor types, something that is integral to the core gameplay, everything else about this entire game is amazing and for those who purchase Switch games, this is truly a must own game. If you play strategy games in any form or RPGs in any form just buy it, don't give it a second thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

So anyone hear about the situation that occurred with LRG a few weeks ago? The banning of a member called "Brivot"? I had front seats since he's in the FB group when everything blew up!

Personally, while the guy was being a bit of a dick, LRG really fucked up their PR and shows how shaddy they can be. Over a freaking meme (there was history prior to the incident, but this was thr issue that really caused shit to hit the fan).

Anyone hear about this?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I heard a little bit about it, but I honestly didn't care enough to look into it, haha. It's nothing new to me that the LRG guys take things too personally and overreact sometimes. I'm more concerned with how they handle their products and the process of selling them. I don't like this bait-and-switch they've been doing with some of their CEs, like for Celeste and Atari Flashback Classics, where they show and promise one thing and then change the design later, even when a lot of people are buying because of the design that was advertised (and LRG hasn't been saying anything about the designs being subject to change). And then there's the whole mess with Night Trap on Vita. It took over a year to get a patch to make the game beatable, and LRG still takes no ownership of the situation. Making a patch was out of their hands, but they should've tested the game to confirm it's actually beatable before selling it. And even if a patch exists, the version of the game "preserved" on the card will forever be broken.

There's also the stringing along of Vita fans by not selling both Rocketbirds games together, forcing Vita collectors to pay more in shipping and trying to manipulate them into buying other stuff just to get a "better value" on their orders. And the supposed "free" soundtrack the first Rocketbirds included, even though the game could've been priced at $25 and still be over $10 more than the digital price point. They included the soundtrack just to jack up the price another $5 and force people to pay that even if they don't want or care about the OST.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    the game could've been priced at $25 and still be over $10 more than the digital price point.
    The $10 extra of the digital price has been changed long ago. LRG has removed any word of it from any posts or tweets they've made, Dark Overlord got banned from the forum over a year ago for pointing it out. There's so many games that have came out since earlier this year that have been increased beyond $10 additional.

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon was $30 despite being $10 digital, that's a whole $20 increase. LRG did state that $25 would be their minimum, but also stated they'd never go more than $10 over the digital price, and many other games have hit $15 over or more. The latest Kemco RPGs for example, they were all $25 releases and all of them have been $30 releases since April. I think Kemco is garbage so I didn't purchase them, just know the costs. So while people can say Bloodstained Curse of the Moon is a big game, they can't say that of the Kemco games. Siralim 3 is the only recent game I can remember that the price wasn't jacked up and overpriced.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

They explained that the extra $5 on Kemco's games is because they cancelled a bunch of Vita releases due to the deadline for production and rationing of Vita cards leading up to that. It's a BS reason, but at least they gave a reason. I barely pay attention to what they're releasing for PS4 and Switch these days, but with Vita releases, they're still generally sticking to the $25 minimum or +$10. So that's what made Rocketbirds stick out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I notice Cthulu Saves the World is also being published outside of LRG, another case of LRG does not allow the publisher to inform the public that they're selling the game through alternate means until after the LRG sales go through. This is the problem with this though, if the developer isn't releasing it until February, then it clearly means that they consider it unfinished for physical media at the time. So I decide to look at my previous order.

ETA of the rest of the titles shipping dates are Quarter 1 2021, while Cthulu Saves Christmas ETA is unknown. Great. FUCKING GREAT. I mean, it not only took me over six months to get Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2 alongside the Switch version of Brigandine, now the other three games that I've ordered with Cthulu Saves Christmas is once again going to take fucking six months. Maybe LRG, just maybe, SELL YOUR FUCKING GAMES WHEN THEY'RE READY TO BE PRINTED YOU PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT. Because if you order a game from LRG that you're interested in playing you're fucked if the game is shipping with something that they're not printing for months. But no, LRG wants to make sure they make whatever profit they can make before another publisher gets to announce the same game under their line up and they don't give two shits about fucking the consumer. It's LRG after all, their entire fucking mantra is fucking the consumer over.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Just checking fangamer again and the physical copy of Thimbleweed Park is still available for sale. I'm so glad there's no need to fight for a copy, it's still produced and easily available years later.

While there are several games released by LRG that interest me, I'm so glad I never bothered dealing with all that bullshit. I'm just not desperate to buy games anymore, especially modern games. If I can't reasonably buy a copy of something I'll just not buy it, I really don't care much about it. The main message I'm getting from this publisher and most modern gaming companies is that they don't want me to buy their games so I'm fine with keeping my money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 up for preorder on February 26. I'm waiting until around a month later to try and get something I'm interested in alongside it. Currently Scott Pilgrim Saves the World is up for preorder until February 28 but I'm not sure about getting it. It's a beat em up, a genre that I'm not really that into. So yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 up for preorder on February 26. I'm waiting until around a month later to try and get something I'm interested in alongside it. Currently Scott Pilgrim Saves the World is up for preorder until February 28 but I'm not sure about getting it. It's a beat em up, a genre that I'm not really that into. So yeah.
    Scott Pilgirm vs the world the game is fine for a beatem'up it doesn't reinvent the genre but it's very playable beside how similar it is to river city ransom.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eng...122550637.html

Rondo of Blood coming to the TurboDuo. Though I have to assume this will be on a CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Super Meat Boy has been my first, actual fail. Sold out in like 10 seconds.

Oh well. I was considering getting rid of my Vita collection anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Super Meat Boy has been my first, actual fail. Sold out in like 10 seconds.

Oh well. I was considering getting rid of my Vita collection anyway.
    You missed a Vita game so you're getting rid of your Vita collection? Try to find the best possible Ebay deal you can. It''s only going to increase I'm assuming being Super Meat Boy, a Vita game, and LRG, might be best trying to get it earlier than later imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Ah, it was something I was pondering for a while now. Just have no love for anything other than up to the Dreamcast.

I did eventually get Super Meat Boy in the afternoon. I don't really care for the game, though.