Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Looks like most of the listings for the second half went just as fast, if not faster, than in the morning. All that's left now is regular Deadline copies, so I guess we'll see how long those last (they kinda lingered even with the first batch).

Looking forward, LRG said that we're getting a Metroidvania in August. Could it possibly already be time for Rabi-Ribi? But that's still not out digitally yet, without even a release date announced for the digital release. I'd be really surprised if they released the digital versions and the physical print runs all at once, all of a sudden. If not that, then it's gotta be something totally unannounced thus far. I already finished Xeodrifter myself, so I'm down for another, whatever it is, as long as it's decent.

They're also saying that they're going to wait a bit after whenever Cosmic Star Heroine comes out digitally so that any needed patches can be released before they produce physical copies. So even if Cosmic Star Heroine makes it this summer digitally, maybe we'd be looking at autumn for the physical release. I'll leave my release estimate as-is in the opening post until summer is definitely ruled out, though.

Edit: Here is the sticker for the mystery Metroidvania in August:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...10672252858368

Any guesses? It'd have to be a game with a color scheme in its logo/title art like that.

Edit #2: As I continued to talk to myself here, haha, August's mystery game is proooooobably Shadow Complex Remastered, which would get a PS4 print run only, since it doesn't exist on Vita. Also, for a funny bit of trivia, apparently the original (non-remastered) version of the game came out on August 19, 2009, so it would go on sale with Rainbow Moon on the exact 7th anniversary of Shadow Complex's initial release.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 08-01-2016 at 10:17 AM.