Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Purchased Rabi Ribi for the PS4. Up until now, any game I've purchased on the PS4 I've also purchased on the Vita, but since I had about 10 minutes before the sale went live, I was looking at my bank account before making the purchase, thinking about how much money I'd be spending this month on games got me thinking how much money I'd be spending on each Vita title including two today, Siralim and Rabi Ribi. Removed Siralim 2 from my cart and purchased only the PS4 title of Rabi Ribi.

It's not like I'm ever going to play these Vita versions when I have them available on PS4 and I'm always complaining that I'm throwing more and more money at the Vita, and it's just port after port after port. I really want to like the Vita, but I'm so disappointed and actually kind of hate it, throwing more money at it was the only way I justify owning the console because it really has so few retail exclusives I care about, but throwing more money at it just gets me more disappointed. So decided I'm never going to buy another multiconsole Vita title again unless it's something along the lines of CSH where I'm extremely hyped for the game. I actually once made this decision long ago, but ever since LRG, I was buying the LRG Vita titles because they were games I was interested in but they were also never able to be purchased again. It only took me missing out on a Vita release and having the ability to purchase that same Vita release the next week that another PS4/Vita release was being sold, the same month I'm going to be spending a couple hundred on just PS4 and PSVR titles, to finally break out of this habit of feeling the need to purchase these titles.

So I was right about people not being able to help themselves from purchasing games they might not simply because they're collectors. In my case, I still only purchased games I wanted, but kind of felt I needed to purchase the Vita titles of those same games because never being able to get them again, paired with my wanting the Vita to be able to somehow redeem itself, I was throwing hundreds and hundreds of dollars at the games. There's still those people who feel the need to buy every version of every game, which may or may not include the collector's edition, or at the very least every game period. This isn't anywhere at all the same, but there's a reason that microtransactions and loot boxes are popular with developers on mobile and console these days to suck more and more money from consumers.

All that being said, I don't blame not being able to stop purchasing the Vita versions of the games on LRG. The games had Vita versions available, so of course they're going to release both versions. I still only purchased games I was interested in.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Enter the Gungeon is up at SRG.

https://specialreservegames.com/
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.