I wouldn't say I'm buying a ton from LRG these days. December was pretty packed with four I bought, but I only bought one LRG release in November, and none in September and October. I've been progressively slimming down what I buy from them. Originally, I bought one of every game, including the platform variants. Then I decided to only get the Vita versions when a game is multiplatform and only buy the PS4 games that weren't also available on Vita. Then I decided to cut out the PS4 games entirely, only making an exception if it's something I really want (and in the half year or so since making that decision, I've only made one exception). And just recently, I decided to pass on collecting all the Vita cover variants, instead only choosing one to buy. (I'll probably gravitate toward whatever is rarer or has a CE, but I dunno. Mecho Tales makes it tempting to say to hell with the rarer version.)

It's my casual collecting toward a full US Vita library that has me buying a copy of every Vita release LRG does. I dunno if I'll ever actually finish the set, but it seems like a fairly attainable goal for me, and I'm enjoying the collecting in the meantime and playing all these different kinds of games. There are 230-some physical US releases right now, and I have over half already. I don't think there's a lot of life left in the system either, so I think it's going to stay a relatively small set. Between that and the fact that it's a niche system with niche games, I think it'll be seen as a pretty collectible system in the future, and I think a lot of the games will hold value pretty well. Personally, I just love the system and love adding to my collection for it, since it's not getting massive amounts of releases like all the popular platforms. I feel like this'll probably be my last collecting hurrah for a modern platform. Modern gaming, especially modern home console gaming, is more and more going in a direction that isn't very appealing to me, on top of going in the direction of an all-digital future, and dedicated gaming handhelds, which are what I've enjoyed most these last two generations because they've offered gaming experiences comparable to 90s and 00s gaming, seem to be a dying breed and may not exist past this generation, outside of hybrids like the Switch.