Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

LRG is publishing Divinity Original Sin 2. While I believe the games biggest design issue comes from the split armor types, something that is integral to the core gameplay, everything else about this entire game is amazing and for those who purchase Switch games, this is truly a must own game. If you play strategy games in any form or RPGs in any form just buy it, don't give it a second thought.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

So anyone hear about the situation that occurred with LRG a few weeks ago? The banning of a member called "Brivot"? I had front seats since he's in the FB group when everything blew up!

Personally, while the guy was being a bit of a dick, LRG really fucked up their PR and shows how shaddy they can be. Over a freaking meme (there was history prior to the incident, but this was thr issue that really caused shit to hit the fan).

Anyone hear about this?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I heard a little bit about it, but I honestly didn't care enough to look into it, haha. It's nothing new to me that the LRG guys take things too personally and overreact sometimes. I'm more concerned with how they handle their products and the process of selling them. I don't like this bait-and-switch they've been doing with some of their CEs, like for Celeste and Atari Flashback Classics, where they show and promise one thing and then change the design later, even when a lot of people are buying because of the design that was advertised (and LRG hasn't been saying anything about the designs being subject to change). And then there's the whole mess with Night Trap on Vita. It took over a year to get a patch to make the game beatable, and LRG still takes no ownership of the situation. Making a patch was out of their hands, but they should've tested the game to confirm it's actually beatable before selling it. And even if a patch exists, the version of the game "preserved" on the card will forever be broken.

There's also the stringing along of Vita fans by not selling both Rocketbirds games together, forcing Vita collectors to pay more in shipping and trying to manipulate them into buying other stuff just to get a "better value" on their orders. And the supposed "free" soundtrack the first Rocketbirds included, even though the game could've been priced at $25 and still be over $10 more than the digital price point. They included the soundtrack just to jack up the price another $5 and force people to pay that even if they don't want or care about the OST.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    the game could've been priced at $25 and still be over $10 more than the digital price point.
    The $10 extra of the digital price has been changed long ago. LRG has removed any word of it from any posts or tweets they've made, Dark Overlord got banned from the forum over a year ago for pointing it out. There's so many games that have came out since earlier this year that have been increased beyond $10 additional.

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon was $30 despite being $10 digital, that's a whole $20 increase. LRG did state that $25 would be their minimum, but also stated they'd never go more than $10 over the digital price, and many other games have hit $15 over or more. The latest Kemco RPGs for example, they were all $25 releases and all of them have been $30 releases since April. I think Kemco is garbage so I didn't purchase them, just know the costs. So while people can say Bloodstained Curse of the Moon is a big game, they can't say that of the Kemco games. Siralim 3 is the only recent game I can remember that the price wasn't jacked up and overpriced.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

They explained that the extra $5 on Kemco's games is because they cancelled a bunch of Vita releases due to the deadline for production and rationing of Vita cards leading up to that. It's a BS reason, but at least they gave a reason. I barely pay attention to what they're releasing for PS4 and Switch these days, but with Vita releases, they're still generally sticking to the $25 minimum or +$10. So that's what made Rocketbirds stick out.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Got my copy of timespinner for switch last month from LRG.Still nothing interest me currently for buying a game from them,i'm waiting on them to have orders for blaster master zero still