Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Finally,got my copy of the messenger from srg.They had a screw up in it's production so it's physical released was delayed After hearing enough good things on river city girls i preorder a copy of it at lrg for switch.Id pass on the collectors edition of shunmue III i'm fine just buying the game stand alone when it hit's retail.Also LRG had it's update for celeste the dlc is out now so it goes into manufacturing at this point.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 09-11-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I stopped getting LRG CE's as they are just trash for the most part. Most of them are crap fillers, and to make matters worse, they raise the price to an all time high. A huge scam in a way, so I avoid them.

I stopped getting most of their releases. Can't wait for the last 3 Vita releases and I'm done with them. Though I'm going to sell many of them anyway.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'm having a hard time wanting to give them my business as well.
    Just received my Giga Wrecker CE and there was no bubble wrap at all at the ends of the CE box, just a loose wrap around the "waist" of the box.
    The shipping box had empty space at the ends, and the CE box was just free to slide back and forth in there. It is crushed and banged-up at both ends.
    I've asked for a replacement, we'll see how this works out.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

LRG has dug deep, probably as deep as bottom of the barrel trash you can get. If Kemco isn't bad enough, they're now releasing Compile Heart games. They're now the publishers of two of the worst JRPG companies in the industry. It's literally incredible how much absolute sh** they publish on a weekly basis, they've even surpassed my expectations.

I've made it a point to call out Compile Heart games at every turn, I'm sure I've said it here. So proof I'm not crapping on LRG just because it's LRG.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 09-17-2019 at 02:18 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'll take games from Kemco and Idea Factory International over like 90% of the other stuff LRG releases. I'd prefer IFI just publish their own physical print runs, but it's a good move for LRG and should allow physical print runs of games from more developers than just Compile Heart, though they've made some good games.

It's pretty hilarious that someone who supposedly hates Compile Heart with a passion has a Neptunia avatar in his sig.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    It's pretty hilarious that someone who supposedly hates Compile Heart with a passion has a Neptunia avatar in his sig.
    The one good thing about the Neptunia games are their characters, atleast somewhat. Some of them I can't stand, but some of the dialogue is great, pretty much anything and everything from Iffy especially. I've never been able to power through and finish any of the games though because they're just complete trash gameplay wise. Now, maybe I'll be able to finish that one made by Sting(amazing dev) but most of their games in general suck.

The last one I've played I bought because it was really reminiscent of Phantasy Star Online. That one 4 Goddesses Online game. When I played it though, unbelievably bad. I can get extra attacks off than intended because you can block mid attack to cancel the animation and then attack again, making the DPS from whichever character was the Samurai class far higher than any other class(atleast as far as I got.) Without grinding I never once had to retry a mission. They kept giving me trophies every minute. It's like in five hours of gameplay I got 40 trophies, basically trophy loaded to try and sucker other people into purchasing the game thinking that the player was collecting trophies because it's so good, but yeah... it's not. Compete garbage. I think I played about 10 hours before I quit. Far more time than this pos game deserved.

I haven't updated my PSN profile in a long time so it doesn't ever update. I've changed my avatar awhile ago to Veronica from DQ11. I'll update it to PSN profiles so it atleast changes.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

27th was the last day to order gunvolt chronicles luminous avenger ix.I do find it odd the next gunvolt is not being sold at retail but in any case i put my order in at lrg for it.For as preorders goes LRG is open now for blazing chrome,game came out months ago digitally but it's finally getting a physical release.If you're looking for a run'n'gun to play that's similar to the likes of contra and metal slug it's definitely a must buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzR7ldgPDro