Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    The feeling I get with LRG is that it's quantity over quality, they just want to publish and profit on as many games as possible regardless if they're good or not. They know people will buy them for their collectability and as a future "investment" due to how limited they are. I don't know if that's really how they feel or not(I do suspect so), but that's how they're starting to come across to a large number of their customer base. Yes they're still selling out, and as you can see in this thread even the people who regularly complain about them are still buying games from them. Eventually people will become burnt out on buying every release and variant just to have a complete collection, and then they'll just focus on games they personally like, and eventually stop buying the majority of the titles being released. It just hasn't peaked yet, but it will. Just like with Beanie Babies.

I still feel that if LRG wasn't around, other companies already releasing similar games would pick up the slack and start publishing more games. They just aren't fighting over as many of the games that LRG are already picking up.
    It is and people have been starting to get burnt out. Just take a look at LRG earlier releases once they started getting a bit more popular and how many games they moved, now a lot of their most popular games are only pushing around the same the less popular games in the past were.

Take Salt and Sanctuary, a very recent PS4/Vita release. 4300 copies for PS4 and 2800 for Vita.
    Then there's Nex Machina was PS4 only that was in the peak of LRG popularity, with 8500 copies, more than both the PS4 and Vita version of Salt and Sanctuary combined. La Mulana was Vita only and had 5500 copies. Windjammers was 12,300.

Or even compare the Kemco titles. Asdivine Hearts was the first released Kemco title with 3800 each console, while Dragon Sinker is the latest released game with 2300 each console. So yeah, people have definitely been getting burnt out on LRG releasing anything and everything they can.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-31-2018 at 12:43 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.