Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    But a rhythm game is one of my favorite releases from LRG (Deemo). I welcome more rhythm games from them.
    It's not that it's a rhythm game, in fact it looked a lot like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy gameplay wise which I liked. I'll give you the perfect comparison though. When your husband goes out to buy you a ring, what would you want? A diamond ring or a zirconia? However, in the case of Metronomicon, graphically, it's more like a diamond ring compared to one made of dog shit. The character designs, everything just looks stupid as crap. I'd honestly rather play that homebrew PSP rhythm game that's pretty much a ripoff of DDR.

And obviously you know my opinion of those Kemco RPGs. "Most" RPGs are worse now than they were in the past yet the Kemco RPGs are even worse than those. The ring thing would work for Kemco RPGs as well, but obviously based on everything about them.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 02-10-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I'm nearing 40 of those tickets LRG introduced as a loyalty program of sorts (still cross they didn't honor the oldest customers with tickets from games before they introduced the program).

Has anyone already reached that mark here? I'm curious just how it works. I know they want you to physically mail them the tickets - so do you do that ahead of time when there's nothing on sale and they add some sort of credit to your account, or do they email you a code or....?

Do you still have to pay shipping on a game you redeem with the tickets?

What happens if there's two games that come out at once - does their system allow for one to be free and for you to pay for the other? It's all rather unclear to me.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I have. However, since they are mixed with my brothers, I have no idea how to redeem them, since they said that they "know" which ticket belongs to who.

Oh well.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Still waiting for them to ship Sky Force. Still waiting for them to announce the pre-order date of Icey and Cosmic Star Heroine.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    I'm nearing 40 of those tickets LRG introduced as a loyalty program of sorts (still cross they didn't honor the oldest customers with tickets from games before they introduced the program).

Has anyone already reached that mark here? I'm curious just how it works. I know they want you to physically mail them the tickets - so do you do that ahead of time when there's nothing on sale and they add some sort of credit to your account, or do they email you a code or....?

Do you still have to pay shipping on a game you redeem with the tickets?

What happens if there's two games that come out at once - does their system allow for one to be free and for you to pay for the other? It's all rather unclear to me.
    I submitted 40 tickets in anticipation of a variant that never came out (Night Trap 32X). They basically sent me an e-mail confirming receipt of the tickets and telling me that when something is announced that I want, I should just e-mail customer service and one will be put aside for me. They don't send a code or anything that you have to enter. It's a manual process handled through customer service in advance of a release date.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I submitted 40 tickets in anticipation of a variant that never came out (Night Trap 32X). They basically sent me an e-mail confirming receipt of the tickets and telling me that when something is announced that I want, I should just e-mail customer service and one will be put aside for me. They don't send a code or anything that you have to enter. It's a manual process handled through customer service in advance of a release date.
    I have Night Trap for the Sega CD. It's barely playable. The video is small and grainy, and the gameplay is somewhat confusing. It has nostalgiac value for a time when FMV games were a thing and it had the campy 80's horror movie thing going for it but beyond that it's a broken mess.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Yeah I have the LRG version of Night Trap and it's much better than the Sega CD version but that's just like saying one pile of turd smells less foul than the other. I got it just for the historical aspect of the game. Same reason I have a copy of ET on Atari 2600 but don't own an Atari 2600.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Yeah I have the LRG version of Night Trap and it's much better than the Sega CD version but that's just like saying one pile of turd smells less foul than the other. I got it just for the historical aspect of the game. Same reason I have a copy of ET on Atari 2600 but don't own an Atari 2600.
    I heard the 3DO version was the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Same here. Night Crap was obviously very hyped up simply because it was such a bad game being rereleased, went in seconds on LRG. I was able to submit a ticket when they posted if any were interested in getting a copy and the only reason I did so was because of the hype and rarity. I usually don't include bad games in my collection, the reason why the original version isn't there.

You've really got to wonder why a lot of these developers decide to choose certain games to make or build their games with certain stuff in mind. It's like, are you trying to get less sales? I mean atleast put out something people are interested in, like another remake of Snatcher. Or a remake of Popful Mail, Dark Wizard, something good. But what did we get? Night Trap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Another Oddworld CE...fuck me hard.

That trash is going to sell faster than me eating an entire pizza at Costco.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Same here. Night Crap was obviously very hyped up simply because it was such a bad game being rereleased, went in seconds on LRG. I was able to submit a ticket when they posted if any were interested in getting a copy and the only reason I did so was because of the hype and rarity. I usually don't include bad games in my collection, the reason why the original version isn't there.

You've really got to wonder why a lot of these developers decide to choose certain games to make or build their games with certain stuff in mind. It's like, are you trying to get less sales? I mean atleast put out something people are interested in, like another remake of Snatcher. Or a remake of Popful Mail, Dark Wizard, something good. But what did we get? Night Trap.
    Old FMV games are becoming popular again, mainly because crappy B movies are becoming popular for the mainstream crowd to watch. So many terrible films are getting released on DVD and Bluray that otherwise should have died out years ago. Like why is The Room so popular now?

It's easy for developers to re-release old FMV games, all that's really involved is to release the existing footage in a higher resolution and people will buy it. Plus these old games have less than an hour's worth of footage so it doesn't take long compared to remaking an actual real playable game that has real content. Plus crappy games are usually cheaper to license.

I'll admit to owning a few FMV games myself including Night Trap on the Sega CD but I haven't really played them for any length of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Is there a way to find out what color frisbee is inside Windjammers without opening the package?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Not that I can see. The sticker on the outside only identifies the platform.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Munch's Oddysee...SOLD OUT IN LESS THAN A MINUTE!?

Holy SHIT!!!! I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!

Man, I am so lucky I managed to get a copy. What about everyone else?
    Last edited by megasdkirby; 02-23-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today is the day for Revenant Saga (PS4 & Vita), Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita, both standard and CE), and The Metronomicon (PS4). I grabbed a Oddworld CE and a Vita Revenant Saga myself. Oddworld sold out ridiculously fast, so anyone who still wants that is going to have to wait for the second batch. Still some stock of everything else, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Why is the series (Munch Odyssey) so damn popular? It's like a massive cult following.

It sold ridiculously fast, as stated in my post above. I think too fast...so much that I think the night batch will well out faster.

Damn, just damn.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I don't really get it myself. I mean, I know the first couple Oddworld games had pretty good mainstream success on PS1, but it seemed like the series has only been fading out of popularity since then. I mean, Munch wasn't even that well-received when it originally came out, was it? Stranger's Wrath was critically acclaimed, but it seemed like most consumers ignored it. And then there's the fact that I think the character design and art for the series is reeeaaaaalllllly ugly. I get that it's intentionally so to some degree, but I dunno, I just sort of hate looking at anything Oddworld, even if the gameplay is fun enough. I would never get an Oddworld CE if I weren't collecting Vita LEs in general. I just hope the thing isn't too stupidly huge. The standard LRG CEs are already too big, and I still haven't even found a decent place to put the Windjammers CE, since it's too big to fit on the shelves where I got all my other Vita LEs.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Munch's Oddysee...SOLD OUT IN LESS THAN A MINUTE!?

Holy SHIT!!!! I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!

Man, I am so lucky I managed to get a copy. What about everyone else?
    I couldn't even check out fast enough the CE was yanked from my cart at the final step with my clock saying 10:01 so I figured it was gone in about a minute or less but I got a standard copy of Munch's Oddysee which I'd guess lasted about 2-3 minutes. IIRC it said 11 or 12 percent left about a minute or two in when I checked right after I got it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Im shoving all big boxed games in plastic bins, those they sell at Costco (the clear, smaller ones). Sadly, I am doing this to almost all of my games, due to lack of space At least they are protected.

And the scalpers begin...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Limited-Run...QAAOSwXOVaiwxw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Oddworld Abe's Odyssee is one thing, unique gameplay style with very few similar games, games like Blackthorne, etc. It helps that it's also a fairly good game. Munch's Odyssee on the other hand was never really that good. Even when it was new there were better games in that gameplay style. I honestly think people hear Oddworld and they just relate the entire series to how good they've heard Abe's Odyssee is. I didn't even go for this one honestly. I was actually going to just because it was Oddworld and then decided not to.