Thread: 2016 - Yearly Finds Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

wow some hard to find stuff this month already.
    whered you find the prototypes at?

I wonder what other rarity is going to show up next this month

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow you did something special with that Sharp TV find right down to the price. It's much like the story I got too when I got mine kind of. Only the previous new buying owner, not a lot of usage, basically in perfect shape, around 7~ games, came with all feet and doors intact with 2 looking unused controllers and the tv remote as well and for me it was $225, but since the games and zapper were doubles I got it down to $200.

You can't beat finding one that just was nicely stored away to get dusty and left forgotten because unless weather or worse gets to it, odds are it'll be just fine. Just keep up on it, the age of the thing I will say that speaker will start to buzz on it, may need to watch for servicing it or the wheels inside the back of it on the tube tv part itself and a small module in a corner because color, tint, sharpness, and more tends to slide with age but can be easily corrected tinkering.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Wheels inside the back?
    Also i just noticed yesterday you sent me a pm a while back about GoG. Sorry it took me so long to notice it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Check that NA thread, I know I did some digging but not just me. If it wasn't me someone else posted it or beni tied it back to the main post where there's service and user instructions.

To open it requires removing I think 6 screws from the back and sliding it back straight since a small motherboard slots into the frame (break it you're done.) With the back off the bottom right corner has this box with some things you can adjust. Also on the very back of the tube TV is another box with a couple wheels as well. Each of them fine tune the TV. There's ways to tweak the color, the horiz/vert hold, cleaning up fuzziness to a degree, and so on. One I didn't mention in a dumb place, inside that top door between a couple of those buttons there's a small hole with a screw (flat I believe) set deep into it, it's another tweak but I forget for what. Mine had sat for like 20 years+ so it needed some fine tuning to get it the best it could be for an average 19" TV of the era made special by the NES on the bottom.

One other piece of advice, if you service the NES, FIRST open the top up and unplug this teeny set of 2 wires into the board. They thread through a small rectangular hole down into the NES itself, it's a direct feed to the TV replacing the A/V cable basically. Wreck that you're screwed. Once it's unplugged it's just a matter of a lot of screws to remove the TV from the NES, then the opening of the shell around the NES guts after that. Once you're in it's more or less a stock NES board easy to service.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

you talking about the "official" one that keeps track of the serials?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah that one, it has a lot if info stuck in there too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Check that NA thread, I know I did some digging but not just me. If it wasn't me someone else posted it or beni tied it back to the main post where there's service and user instructions.

To open it requires removing I think 6 screws from the back and sliding it back straight since a small motherboard slots into the frame (break it you're done.) With the back off the bottom right corner has this box with some things you can adjust. Also on the very back of the tube TV is another box with a couple wheels as well. Each of them fine tune the TV. There's ways to tweak the color, the horiz/vert hold, cleaning up fuzziness to a degree, and so on. One I didn't mention in a dumb place, inside that top door between a couple of those buttons there's a small hole with a screw (flat I believe) set deep into it, it's another tweak but I forget for what. Mine had sat for like 20 years+ so it needed some fine tuning to get it the best it could be for an average 19" TV of the era made special by the NES on the bottom.

One other piece of advice, if you service the NES, FIRST open the top up and unplug this teeny set of 2 wires into the board. They thread through a small rectangular hole down into the NES itself, it's a direct feed to the TV replacing the A/V cable basically. Wreck that you're screwed. Once it's unplugged it's just a matter of a lot of screws to remove the TV from the NES, then the opening of the shell around the NES guts after that. Once you're in it's more or less a stock NES board easy to service.

I have investigated on the matter but I forgot :P .... Is the NES connected by composite signal or it has another video processor to output a better quality signal ?
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You mean in this tv? It's the same board far as I can remember, they just hot wired a pair of wires from it into the TV board directly. It was cheaply done there aren't any extra parts I'm aware of. I don't have the schematic handy as I didn't keep it lying around but back on NA in that thread it's there in PDF format for you to discover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This week find. Got them all for $72

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 08:25 PM.