Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 - Yearly Finds Thread

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default 2016 - Yearly Finds Thread

{Moderator's note: This is the 2016 thread for game finds, console purchases, gaming gifts received, and pick-ups of video gaming paraphernalia. Please post your newest pick-ups and finds!}

I will start this off with...

I found another snes/n64/gc a/v cable for $1
    a Pokémon Diamond and Emerald Nintendo Power Guide for $3
    a purple thing I thought was a wizard hat but turned out to be a lamp shade for $2

I took pics but I cant find my USB cable so i'll post em if I ever find it.

I should invest in a Bluetooth dongle so I can just push them from my phone to the computer
    Last edited by Niku-Sama; 04-13-2016 at 04:47 AM. Reason: i felt game finds and pickups were redundant so i changed the title to its current one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I was prepared for a weekend of video gaming purchases on the U.S. but I returned to my country disappointed and a bit sad of the present of chains like Gamestop.

Gamestop hasn't been the best experience for years but I usually found a few games in one of the stores, this time I didn't even bought one game. The stores I visited were sad and the stock was really nothing interesting for me. I saw Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout Anthology for PC for a very good price but the overall sad feeling I had when I checked the store made me just get out with my wallet intact.

The currency exchange was another factor and I really need to value the "paradise" I have in my city with many video game stores with a good variety of retro and current releases.

I arrived to my city and I had a package sent from ebay:

Zelda Ocarina JP CIB for 16usd
    Threads of Fate CIB, Grandia without manual and Star Ocean CIB for 76 usd. - Unfortunately I had a bad experience with my purchase, the seller listed Threads of Fate as EXCELLENT DISC and the reality was much different: rebuffed disc with a very deep scratch that makes the game crash .... Grandia and Star Ocean was described as great condition and the reality was another thing.

Too sad to have sellers lying about the condition of the games. I have the option to return, but living in Mexico is really much trouble, expensive and slow so I took my loss.
    Last edited by eskobar; 01-04-2016 at 12:00 PM.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS3 Assassin's Creed II Master Assassin's Edition-$19.99 at Goodwill.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Technically these purchases are all from December. But since there’s already a January thread, I’m posting them here instead.

Games/Gaming Accessories:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition (PS3 Version, New) - Retail Price

I was actually planning on getting the regular edition later. But my local EB Games still had one sealed copy of the LE left, so I bought it on impulse.

Hori Duraflexi Protector (New) - $9.99

I discovered some paint chips in the top of my Mario & Luigi Dream Team LE 3DS XL, and I have no idea how it happened. So I bought this cover to try and avoid any more damage.

Books:

Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete Official Strategy Guide (Used) - $39.99

I had been eyeing this copy of the guide on Amazon Canada since October. The seller originally had it priced at $69.99, but by December he reduced the price to what I paid. I just received it today, and it’s worth every penny!

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Adventure Volume 6 (Used) - $2.99

Blu-Rays/DVDs:

Big Hero 6 (BR/DVD Combo, New) - $24.00

San Andreas (BR/DVD Combo, New) - $11.99

Shrek: The Final Chapter (DVD, New) - $4.99

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I found Tiger Woods 99 for $1

it has ZZDUMMY.DAT intact and I was able to watch the south park pilot off of it.
    are there any other physical differences to the revised version of this game without the south park episode on it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not that I usually find getting a good deal on a game online a find, but I did end up with Trip World (GB-JP) for $75+ Mario Kart GBA cart only. The game usually runs $200+.

Cart has the usual discoloring plastic found on lots/most Japanese carts with an excellent sticker, very clean pins/board. Not a long game but a fun one and amazing attention to the details with visuals/audio for the era/system. Definitely something to hold on to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I got all complete

Dead to Rights GC $3.99
    Freaky Flyers GC $3.99
    MadWorld Wii $4.99

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Got:

Boxed Castlevania III Dracula's Curse for 45 usd
    Zelda Phantom Hourglass CIB and very nice condition for 14 usd
    Wizardry II CIB with a cart that looked like it was used only a couple of times, really nice, for 16.7 usd

Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Mmm Nintendo Gameboy

A few days ago I scored a lucky break on ebay. I've been for weeks now mulling over buying an original Gameboy and also the Pocket. I eventually felt it would be best if I could get the original stuff I grew up with close in quality as possible. I've been poking around and accidentally came across this gem of a Gameboy that wasn't exactly excellently listed or it would have been instantly gone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291663002756 "ORIGINAL 1989 NINTENDO GAME BOY HANDHELD CONSOLE DMG-01 "

I started digging through the images before reading up on it because I really was just after one that wasn't beat up with a clean lens over the LCD. I was very pleased to see what appeared to be a spotless Gameboy, but then the last couple images my jaw dropped. One ended up showing all the original manuals, booklets, warning sheets, extra paper to tell idiots to put the game in the right way, and the ad stuff for NP and the fold out poster for Gameboy too. If that wasn't cool enough the headphones and link cable are still twist tied and unused and the last picture, the BOX.

I got it in the mail today and was further shocked. The foam inside while a little damaged is totally there including the brittle top part. The gameboy itself is in fact spotless LCD and all. I wrote the seller about it before buying or as I got it (forget) they said back in 1989 they bought it for their daughter who used it for a very little and then went back into the box to be stored all these years (25 years~ of hibernation.)

These things basically new go notably in excess of $100, a nice complete used one is over that -- and I paid $40 shipped. It only came from Ohio to here so it got here in two days.

Just like Christmas I put in Super Mario Land before Tetris because that's how it happened back then and it's fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)

Pick up virtual boy from local seller for $53
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

That's an interesting fix for the stand. I think some one with the means should take an intact hinge part of the vb stand and 3d print a better one.

I've got a few stands and only I've isn't broken, oddly it's the rental unit but still

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think someone was printing replacements for the hinge a couple years back, could have sworn I saw planet VB forums or the site noting it. Might be worth searching, but I don't have one anymore so that's not on me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not a gaming find but I never ever thought I'd see this again (was my first transformer as a kid I think, this or Optimus Prime, never had more than 2-3 of the things.)

Generation 1 - Transformer - Jazz -- Complete in the box (minus some plastic holding tray.)
    I paid $35 for this.

No idea if I did well or not, didn't really care all things considered. They also had 2 Decepticon/Insecticons too -- Shrapnel and Kickback, never was big on that line. They're all $50 but I had a 25% off rewards card.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 01-24-2016 at 09:08 PM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Not a gaming find but I never ever thought I'd see this again (was my first transformer as a kid I think, this or Optimus Prime, never had more than 2-3 of the things.)

Generation 1 - Transformer - Jazz -- Complete in the box (minus some plastic holding tray.)
    I paid $35 for this.

No idea if I did well or not, didn't really care all things considered. They also had 2 Decepticon/Insecticons too -- Shrapnel and Kickback, never was big on that line. They're all $50 but I had a 25% off rewards card.
    You did pretty well. G1 Jazz in that condition is worth somewhere between 75-100 dollars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's good to know, I wonder if those insecticons if they're still there are worth $50 in same type shape and missing the plastic transformer holder inside.

Anyway, more Gameboy raging goodness follows.

Within a week of getting that GB up there, I netted an original GB Pocket in that plastic box with an unbagged manual/papers and it's in I'd say 8/10 condition due to some scratches up in the back above the cartridge slot where it goes inside, and some glue bleed through going bad with age in the mirror face around the screen...otherwise stunning.

And then today score again, the NES Gameboy SP with just a couple scratches on the battery cover in back, that's it. In both cases local or shipped, $50 a pop.

...if I bothered all I'd need I guess at this point would be an original GBA since my white one ate it, and a 101 SP as I do have a black/silver complete in box (other than faceplate remover) GB Micro too.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

[QUOTE=Tanooki;2034583]That's good to know, I wonder if those insecticons if they're still there are worth $50 in same type shape and missing the plastic transformer holder inside.

QUOTE]

Eh, it's not a terrible price but it's not a great price either. If you collect G1 transformers and want the boxes, you might consider paying it. If for flip/trade then I'd avoid as it'd leave you very little margin as the Insecticons are much more plentiful and easily found in nice condition as they didn't have a lot to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

ok some of these I may have posted about already but I figured I would recap since I got a new cable to upload pics
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jan16 finds.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	8447

MadWorld (Wii) $4
    Freaky Flyers (GC) $4
    Dead to Rights (GC) $4
    V Rally 3 (PS2) $3
    Tron 2.0 Killer App (XB) $3
    Baseball (NES) $2
    Star Wars Racer (N64) $3
    Gundam Side Story 1,2,3 (Jap SS) $20 Shipped (?)
    Street Fighter II Special something something (GEN) $FREE

non gaming

James Bond Collection (Bluray) $70 Shipped
    Audio Technica ATH-A500X $69 Shipped
    KMC HyperMAT Premium Card Sleeves $5.50 Shipped (not pictured)
    Motorola C4P AM clock radio $4

interesting past few days. I forgot I got the Saturn games in, I think they were about $20 bucks shipped, one is missing a spine card and one of the ones there is torn a bit. James Bond Collection, ATH-A500X headphones (being used currently) and the KMC Hyper MAT sleeves were from amazon. I had a gift card from a holiday return where I returned a different james bond set and the set I returned bought all of that.

The headphones are awesome by the way, I had an old set I left at a friends out years ago that I never got back so I finally replaced them

Street Fighter 2 on genesis was free because a friend of mine said it was mine but I don't remember getting it and he didn't want it so what ever.

The Motorola clock radio....
    I wanted a old school bed side clock for the spare room and I knew from before to buy up any of these types of old clock/radios from 1960's and earlier from the major brands at the time because some of them in good shape can be worth ALOT of money for what they are. Mainly from the fact that they have such interesting designs. I say this sitting on the test bench at the As-Is store and it was a instant grab and I'll deal with it later sort of thing so I did. only $4 bucks.

well it tells time but the radio wont work. it could be a bad tube but more likely its a bad cap since none of the 5(?) ish tubes light up its not getting ANY juice to the radio and the clock face and dial are supposed to light up too but that isn't working either. the important part works.

I go to research it and I cant find ANYTHING about this particular model other than previous sales with no sale price and that's about it. I did find a blurb some where about a C4P being mad around approx. 1959 but that was it. I'll have to see if the board is the same as another model with a different shell, something they did a lot of. so its either worthless or super rare but I've seen more boring designs go for about $120 or more online. it'll go well with my big red 1952 Motorola 52CW4

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160201_170819.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	8453
    I don't post a lot in these threads, as most of my shopping for games these days is online and doesn't feel like a real "find" to me. However, I did find this at a local store, and it's so rare that I buy an NES game these days. It was $14.99, which isn't a steal, but isn't bad for Power Punch II, and I've only ran into this one a few times over the years. Had to peel a few Blockbuster Video stickers off of it, but it's otherwise super clean and works great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

is that the one that was supposed to be mike Tyson punchout 2?

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    is that the one that was supposed to be mike Tyson punchout 2?
    Yes, it is. You take Tyson, renamed Mark Tyler after Nintendo backed out, and fight aliens across the universe. It isn't great, but it is a little fun once you get a feel for it.