Thread: Found this Genesis flash cart? on the ATgames website

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Found this Genesis flash cart? on the ATgames website

They don't really announce this exists. I found it in their estore under the accessories area:
    http://www.atgames.us/Mega-Expert-Passport-FBC110.htm

$50, it appears to be some wannabe everdrive or sorts that uses a SDHC card (like their handheld Sega I have) to fire up .BIN files on their TV version of the handheld that uses real carts.

I'm curious if any of you were aware of this and perhaps saw something somewhere if anyone tried one of these in a real console before to see if it would work out on there. All I can get from the reviews on the website, is that it just fires up games in the right format on the console they have, displays stuff the same way through its emulator, and because of the atgames emulator (like a real cart) you'll still get the off key audio and no saving.

I'm just wondering if it's a minimalist pass through or a cheap alternative flash kit to play stuff.

...also they're total cheapskates more than I thought. All that stuff 4~ years ago they threw in with the handheld unit they still make the stuff, and charge a high price tag for it individually on that estore which is annoying. Glad I had a spare ac adapter with the right voltage and an a/v cable too from a vsmile handheld my kid has.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/geth...-040-H-00880-A

seems like its been around a while, I found a few listings on ebay, one ended on the 6th and it was by another company in the UK sold for about 25 euros.
    $50 US is a bit steep if that's the case most of the time....still digging

edit:
    20 EUR
    http://www.destockage-games.com/cata...106696954.html

the euro is real close to the dollar right now, its about $22 USD equivalent
    Last edited by Niku-Sama; 01-13-2016 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Intriguing. It's not really clear if it works with an original Genesis, or if it's a simple SD pass-through that only works with their Firecore platform. I could see that going either way. Would be interesting to hear from somebody that has one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrit2 View Post
    Intriguing. It's not really clear if it works with an original Genesis, or if it's a simple SD pass-through that only works with their Firecore platform. I could see that going either way. Would be interesting to hear from somebody that has one.
    The ATGames PlugNPlay console is designed to take original Genesis game carts, that SD adapter most likely will work as a standard genesis game cart. Tempting, I already have the portable ATGames unit. It that takes a 2gb SD Card directly, no issue of fitting all the US Genesis game roms with decent emulation.

Ooh looks like the same built in games of both the console and portable built right in the cart! Perhaps a newer model at Tanooki's link?
    http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_for...eCore-Passport

My review of the ATGames Genesis PlugNPlay, with the 80 built in games and Genesis cart slot:
    http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewt...758615#p758615

================================================== ================================================== =

EDIT
    The game cart with the possibility of 40 Genesis games and 40 exclusive ATGames homebrews is intriguing. I suspect it is like the picture below though. Placed an order at the ATGames site! Oh crap, maybe a back order based on reviews from 2014? I may have to cancel if it does not ship in a few weeks. I telephoned ATGames and left a message, will post here on the results.

Last edited by CRTGAMER; 01-13-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pikointeractive's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I can get Flashcarts as low as 15 bucks wholesale; so 50 for this one is pretty expensive!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pikointeractive View Post
    I can get Flashcarts as low as 15 bucks wholesale; so 50 for this one is pretty expensive!
    Links?
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

I'm not following. Why is it that you want a refund? And on what?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nice find if that's not some knockoff subpar version of the everdrive with the card included and that price. Very tempting I would imagine for many who would want a device like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Nice find if that's not some knockoff subpar version of the everdrive with the card included and that price. Very tempting I would imagine for many who would want a device like that.
    I have this one and it works perfectly fine, its an everdrive md v2 0sv35, IIRC i read that Krikkz made a deal with some chinese guy to sell them ONLY in china, so they are genuine but not supported for new firmware update. So youre stuck with an old firmware, but I never had any problem with it, also bought the n64, nes and snes everdrive china versions. No complaints, just dont update or youre screwed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Updates probably aren't worth it anyway. Given the price cut if all you want is a working menu, games that don't malfunction, and saves that work it is all that matters. Also reading that link its already preloaded.