I was drawn back into modern(ish) gaming by finding cheap consoles. Bought a PS3 at a used book store for $55, a few days later bought a working 360 in a thrift store under $20. Several months later I ended up buying a PS4 in a flea market for $75 (had to spend $100 to get the HDMI port fixed). To be honest, I like the idea of collecting for those consoles more than actually playing them. I have over 350 games for the PS3 picked up in the past year or so, but I mostly play a handful of games at most. And when it comes to buying PS4 games, I will see something cool looking, then flip it over and look for the "online play optional" notice on the back. If it says it can only be played online it immediately goes back on the shelf. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the libraries of the PS3 and PS4. Lots of quirky, niche games. The Xbox consoles seem to only be mainstream stuff, appealing to the knuckle-dragging Madden and Call of Duty playing masses, but I prefer the weirder stuff on the Sony machines. But again, I have no interest in moving up to the next generation of machines. Firstly, there doesn't seem to be anything interesting on the PS5, and secondly, heavy focus on online gaming over single-player. It's not my thing.