Hi everybody! I'm new here! Before I begin let me say a few things about my experience: 1st of all, I just bought a digital multimeter and don't yet know much about it. 2nd, I can't read a schematic. 3rd, I know next to nothing about electricity, other than to respect it. 4th, working with electronic components is still very new to me (just a hobby), so feel free to dumb things down for me or treat me like an idiot if you sincerely think it will help. Anyway, so here's the story: My SNES console WAS working with no problem except that it needed a new power port because the old one was broken. So I bought a new one and soldered it in. At 1st I didn't have any desoldering tools (but now I do) except for a soldering iron but I was able to get the old one out. Soldered the new one in (after accidentally bending the pins a bit) and started it up. No power. At some point while doing this repair the fuse had blown. Replaced it with a brand new fuse but still now power. Double checked it, fuse is still good. Checked the power port with my multimeter and the pins have continuity. Switch is good, fuse is good, known working power adapter. The only thing that stands out is that when I turn the console on the red light flashes for a split second before going out. If I turn it off and leave it off for about 30 seconds and turn it back on again, the same thing happens. I can do this over and over with the same result. So somewhere it's getting power but just not keeping it when I turn on the console. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!