Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newly Made 150 in 1 NES Cart - All the favorites and High Dollar stuff on board

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Newly Made 150 in 1 NES Cart - All the favorites and High Dollar stuff on board

I just found this on sheer accident with a pop up that threw itself up on ebay when I was looking for the 260 in 1 golden game because of the other multicart thread. This looked almost too good to be true, but amazingly it's not and it's real.

On ebay it'll set you back $40, but on aliexpress it's $17 shipped. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-q...0007.11.tNHCzY

NES shell, Famicom->NES converter, *NEW* made Famicom board with quality parts, even battery save for Kirby's Adventure which is on there.

It has Little Samson, Panic Restaurant, TMNT 1-3+Fighters, Adventure Island 1-4, Snow Bros, Wacky Races, Recca, Flintstones 1 and 2, Power Blade 1 and 2, Kick Master, C&D Rescue Rangers 1 and 2, Mitsume ga Tooru(a $50+ famicom gem I own), both GI Joe games, all 3 Double Dragons and Ninja Gaidens, the various Nekketsu Kunio games, Contra1+2 and Force, all 6 Rockman games + Board, Gun Nac, Sword Master, Felix the Cat and some more.

Perfect for a GAMER, especially one who can't or won't afford the $50-1000 NES cart prices going on now with these titles.

I wonder if the US version popping out (according to ebay seller wookiebbq http://www.ebay.com/itm/252275488089...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT -- if they are english releases on his stuff or the same flash to the chip on that board. Given it's a carbon copy of the image on aliexpress, probably so.

It's weird I'm wondering why DUck Tales 1 and 2 got excluded with the Rescue Rangers making the cut.

Would any of you buy this for the novelty value, lack of interest in an everdrive, or just not liking the prices anymore as a gamer more than a collector? I could see dusting off my top loader and putting up the Retron 5 for this.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 02-06-2016 at 12:05 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

I saw they've also released the Coolboy 400-in-1 as a 72 pin cart now, although the price for it is insane being that the FC version goes for less than $5. Both of them are fairly decent as long as you don't pay stupid prices for them and realise what you're getting. Some of the games are prototypes, PAL versions that run the wrong speed on NTSC sets, or have altered title screens or other small alterations.

I found it weird they went through the trouble to put a battery on this for a single game that uses SRAM. That seems like a lot of effort and overhead for one piddly title.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I've never heard of Aliexpress before. Do they accept Paypal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I've never heard of Aliexpress before.
    Your soon-to-be Chinese overlords collectively shake their heads in despair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

"Soon to be Chinese overlords"

So they're not Chinese yet?

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    This looked almost too good to be true, but amazingly it's not and it's real.
    Whats so amazing about this? Its just a chinese bootleg with roms on it. Last time I checked roms are free and its not necessary to buy them from China.
    Its cheaper than a flash cart but a flash cart can hold/play thousands of games, and many of the games on this multi-cart are junk titles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I own it. It's been out since summer 2015. Great to have all the rockman games on one cart. Few little oddities: smb2's music is too fast as is Kirby's.

Great novelty for the price. Also came in a radical yellow cart

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    I found it weird they went through the trouble to put a battery on this for a single game that uses SRAM. That seems like a lot of effort and overhead for one piddly title.
    Lots of games use the RAM without a battery as a RAM expansion since the base RAM in the NES is so low. In ROM hacking, they tend to refer to it as WRAM, even though the only difference between that and SRAM is the battery.
    I don't know specifically which games use the RAM w/o battery combination, so I don't know if this cart is smart enough to prevent other games overwriting it (I have a very early SNES flash cart that doesn't allocate SRAM for each game so games on it can and will overwrite each others saves).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Kirby and SMB2 along with Parodius are the PAL versions. They run right, but play the music faster. I get Parodius but not the other two. I think it has a double edged value not worth snarking on *ahem* if you know what you're getting on the inside if you break it down. You get for $20~ a solid clamshell that's new, a new board on the inside (perhaps reprogrammable?), a CR2032 in there, and a handy famicom -> nes board converter too if you don't already have a honeybee(etc) or a Retron5 unit they're desirable. The $40~ they hit on ebay is stupid as hell to pay for if you know to shop and save $10-20 on it.

Oh and kirby on the cart is useless kind of. Any game that accesses the same kind of RAM despite not saving that Kirby does will nuke Kirby's save file so if you bought this game with the intent of finishing Kirby finish it or forget it. Stupid design flaw, but given the other expensive games on there and even the nicely translated Rockboard game it's a good thing. Sure it's not a flash kit, but at $20 vs $100+ for a kit, so fucking what right? I've had 2 powerpak's before and no longer because I never used them while my multicart I own I do use as it's a nice wall of hot gems on that Supervision 115in1 I've held onto. I view this as the mostly American supervision of expensive stuff most people find unpalatable to play.

I do wonder if they'll make yet another to correct a few expensive oddities missing I already mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    laughing robot
    PSN
    second-monkey
    3DS Friend
    0087-3717-4240

I have the 198 in 1 coolboy cart. There are a number of games that caused me to purchase the cart, one of them being Mighty Final Fight. Love keeping this in my portable Famicom. I seem to recall paying less than $14 USD from ebay last year sometime. It was before I discovered Aliexpress.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HNI_0045.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	8464

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I bought one of these a few months ago, mine has a few issues, smb2 & kirby crash shortly into the games and smb3 & parodious glitch out & the first ninja turtles doesn't even load up but all things considered I'm pretty happy with it parodious is the only game that I don't own separately that doesn't work, may try to sell/trade it to a friend because I'd prefer one of the red or yellow ones mines just a plain gray one with "nintendo entertainment system" upside down on the top label

Anybody know if any of the other aliexpress nes multi-carts have the awesome menu system like this one does?, the small screenshot previews are a really nice touch and way better than just a giant list

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

Quote Originally Posted by retro junkie View Post
    Love keeping this in my portable Famicom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HNI_0045.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	8464
    Is the portable FC you own the one in that picture? I was thinking of grabbing that same model and was wondering how the d-pad held up. Also, does that one use AA batteries or a rechargeable battery pack?

Kirby and SMB2 along with Parodius are the PAL versions. They run right, but play the music faster. I get Parodius but not the other two
    Here's a dumb thing, I've read several people using PAL NES consoles saying they had to disable the lockout chip on theirs in order to get this cart to work, and by that I'm assuming the lockout chip they're using in the 72 pin version (or the converter, whatever) is setup for the NTSC sets. Marquee titles like Kirby with it's SRAM battery and SMB2 are PAL versions, yet the thing doesn't work on PAL consoles without modding them first? Is this correct?

If so, how sloppy on a variety of levels, a prime example of working "just good enough" for a lot of counterfeit producers.
    Last edited by Az; 02-07-2016 at 02:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    laughing robot
    PSN
    second-monkey
    3DS Friend
    0087-3717-4240

Is the portable FC you own the one in that picture? I was thinking of grabbing that same model and was wondering how the d-pad held up. Also, does that one use AA batteries or a rechargeable battery pack?
    That is the FC portable I own. The picture was made with my DSi XL. I do not like the D-pad because it is "four" buttons. But it does okay. I do not understand the mentality of people who build these portables. Why is it so hard to design a "cross" D-pad like the original? It uses four AAA batteries. As a retro gamer I have a lot of the old portable systems so the battery thing does not bother me. But it is more convenient having a rechargeable console. Batteries seem to last a long time. I have never timed it so I really don't know how long they last. Not sure why the makers did not use an old cell phone battery like others that build the retro portables.

I like the the FC console because I can play my small Famicom collection in a portable. This cart gets more play time. The FC portable has this strong plastic smell that sort of reminds me of rain, for some reason. I have had it for a year and the smell is still strong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

a handy famicom -> nes board converter too if you don't already have a honeybee(etc)
    I bought one last summer and it was just a 72 pin board, not a 60 + converter. The cases aren't the best, a bit flimsy, but it's a good value and cool item, pretty quality board. It was a hit at the local collector get-together.

I did buy a clamshell + converter on ali for $12 shipped and the shell was better quality and the converter is as well. Great for the FF7 pirate at that time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Here's a dumb thing, I've read several people using PAL NES consoles saying they had to disable the lockout chip on theirs in order to get this cart to work, and by that I'm assuming the lockout chip they're using in the 72 pin version (or the converter, whatever) is setup for the NTSC sets. Marquee titles like Kirby with it's SRAM battery and SMB2 are PAL versions, yet the thing doesn't work on PAL consoles without modding them first? Is this correct?

If so, how sloppy on a variety of levels, a prime example of working "just good enough" for a lot of counterfeit producers.
    I don't own it, but if what they're saying is true with PAL owners that's weird alright. I'd imagine that new board they're using has some CIC bypass chip on it so any stock NES would load the thing. Since it's booting the board, and the boot rom for the board (which is the menu) I think that would be why the PAL games on there fire up just fine other than the speedier music. That would play into things I've see such as the Retron5 not liking multicarts or not doing anything but firing up just the menu. It's a similar thing where the system is smart enough to see the first thing in there, but not the second (the booted game from the menu it booted up. I guess it is just good enough which is sloppy, but I doubt the people snapping these up if these ebay sellers aren't full of crap saying they're taking orders on 2nd shipments due to sellouts is true. People I guess in some numbers are buying a $40 game instead of thousands in expensive titles since they're game players, not collectors, or are both and it's a stop gap until the real thing appears reasonably so.

NESMaster good call on the FF7 if you find one in english (or not if it doesn't matter) with the cheap converter and board. I wonder if what you got is the same one or a previous release as these things I've read said this specific one is like from October of last year I believe, not summer. I know the famicom version is older, but not sure how much.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I been HEAVILY interested on owning these, but, here's my deal, i keep hearing rumors that these things fry eventually if played on a real NES, and no, Aliexpress DOES NOT take Paypal, and even if it did, it would be ONE OF THOSE sites that only allow accounts with credit cards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well if you don't trust china with a credit card, can't say I blame anyone, for $10 more (shipping is free) a guy on etsy has it for $30 in an orange shell, same sticker. $10 for peace of mind and getting it in days instead of a month or two.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

I'd say the biggest draw of this is that it's a 72-pin cart, which opens up a gigantic window of buyers that would otherwise not even know what a Famicom cart was. Considering you can get both the 400-in-1 and the 198-in-1 together for about half the price of this one (if you already own a converter or a way to play FC carts) there's not a whole lot going on to get excited about. Damn shame that Kirby, SMB2, and Parodius don't play their music correctly.

On the same note you'll see a nice price hike on both this 150 and the 400-in-1 when you go from the 60-pin to the 72-pin versions. Looks like a minimum double (or triple) price increase for the NES version depending on the seller.

Part of me was holding out hope this would include the FC version of Contra but alas, no dice.

Edit

After a quick glance again as far as I can tell the music on Parodius seems to play just fine on mine. Granted I'm not a huge Parodius fan but it isn't sped up like SMB2 and Kirby is, at least on my US front loader. I also noticed I couldn't seem to get Double Dragon to move past the start screen no matter what I press.

I did notice that many of the games the 400 and the 198 cart that use weird glitchy or prototype ROMs seem to use clean images on this. SMB3 has a hacked title screen and Gulf War is the same Silkworm title screen hack that's floated around for ages but beyond those two everything seems fairly clean. Neither Contra 1 or 2 use trained versions.

I never bothered taking mine apart until now but it doesn't include a 60 pin adapter, just a straigt up 72 pin board. No date on the PCB but the title screen menu is dated March of 2015.
    Last edited by Az; 02-09-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On ebay it'll set you back $40, but on aliexpress it's $17 shipped. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-q...0007.11.tNHCzY

NES shell, Famicom->NES converter, *NEW* made Famicom board with quality parts, even battery save for Kirby's Adventure which is on there.

It has Little Samson, Panic Restaurant, TMNT 1-3+Fighters, Adventure Island 1-4, Snow Bros, Wacky Races, Recca, Flintstones 1 and 2, Power Blade 1 and 2, Kick Master, C&D Rescue Rangers 1 and 2, Mitsume ga Tooru(a $50+ famicom gem I own), both GI Joe games, all 3 Double Dragons and Ninja Gaidens, the various Nekketsu Kunio games, Contra1+2 and Force, all 6 Rockman games + Board, Gun Nac, Sword Master, Felix the Cat and some more.

Would any of you buy this for the novelty value, lack of interest in an everdrive, or just not liking the prices anymore as a gamer more than a collector? I could see dusting off my top loader and putting up the Retron 5 for this.
    Along with a pile of NES games, I have a few Famicom bootleg carts as well as the Supervision, one of the few NES Bootlegs. Original carts are great for game saves and collect-ability; bootlegs add an inexpensive route to find highly sought out games as well as discovering exclusive imports.

Comparing the Supervision to this new cart, there are definitely a large amount of different games on board. As in most bootleg carts Tetris II is usually Tengen Tetris! If AliExpress would only support PayPal with its buyer protection. I have concerns paying with my Credit Card, but went ahead for this killer deal. Thanks Tanooki for the heads up, you should post this on Racketboy as well.

Last edited by CRTGAMER; 02-09-2016 at 10:03 AM.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gatucaman View Post
    I been HEAVILY interested on owning these, but, here's my deal, i keep hearing rumors that these things fry eventually if played on a real NES
    .... Okay, that scares me right there. Anyone confirm? Deny?