For a while now I've been struggling with what to do with all these Gameboy/GBC/GBA carts I have in terms of keeping them orginized and displayed. Both are kind of tricky with small carts that don't have end labels. It was annying, and I was simply storing them in plastic sandwich bags as all my other solutions were unsatisfactory. But then I suddenly had an idea.

A while back I picked up a handful of Plastic NES Cart cases, I ended up not using them as I A) didn't have enough for all my games, and B) found them kind of bulky and unnecessary.

I thought I'd just toss my portible carts in the cases, just to have them stored in a themed container. But then I discovered something fascinating. GB and GBA game carts FIT PERFECTLY.

So if I layered my game carts like so...

You end up with a case full of games looking like this!

And now I can put games cleanly on a shelf, and if I'm looking for something I can clearly see where it is without digging through a pile of random games.

This also works just as well for Gameboy/Gameboy Color carts!

The only downsides of this are A) Gameboy plastic protector cases do not fit in this configuration. And B) when you remove a cart the others may shift if you're not careful. EDIT: Oh and C) oddly shaped carts like Wario Ware Smooth Moves doesn't fit very well.

But I find this way WAY more elegant then 3-ring binders/baseball card sleeves of carts, which I've always found prone to games just falling out as they stretch the plastic sleeves.

Just thought I'd share this!