Thread: The Retrogaming Times - Retrogaming Hobbyist Newsletter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Greetings!

This is an official notification that The Retrogaming Times, Tenth Issue - September 2017, has been published and can be viewed at the URL below:

http://www.classicplastic.net/trt/

Featured in this issue:

TWENTY YEARS OF RETROGAMING TIMES!

+ More C64! - The Commodore 64's Legacy
    + Retrogaming Feels - CoCo Arcade
    + Apple II Incider - Legacy
    + The Controller Chronicles - Magnavox Odyssey 2 Joystick
    + A Pirate's Life For Me - Eighth Journey
    + The "What If Universe" - E.T.
    + Memory Lane Is Not How I Remembered It
    + The Starpath Supercharger
    + The Retro Junkie: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
    + Retro Gaming Legacy
    + What You Leave Behind
    + Show Report - California Extreme 2017
    + Weekly Retrogaming Trivia Recap
    + and more...

Please feel free to circulate the URL and visit the official Facebook page of The Retrogaming Times at https://www.facebook.com/theretrogamingtimes/

If you would like to contribute to a future issue, please contact trt@classicplastic.net directly. We are a 100% free, 100% hobbyist driven, 100% retrogaming focused newsletter. That means all of our content is created by retrogamers just like you. Submissions for future issues are ALWAYS open!

Thank you for reading The Retrogaming Times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Greetings!

This is an official notification that The Retrogaming Times, Eleventh Issue - November 2017, has been published and can be viewed at the URL below:

Featured in this issue:

MANIC MINER'S FORGOTTEN CONVERSION!

+ More C64! - Argus and Planet Golf
    + The Controller Chronicles - Super Nintendo Control Pad
    + Betting On Dark Horses
    + By Any Other Name - Back to the Future Part II & III *COVER STORY*
    + and more...

Please feel free to circulate the URL and visit the official Facebook page of The Retrogaming Times at https://www.facebook.com/theretrogamingtimes/

If you would like to contribute to a future issue, please contact trt@classicplastic.net directly. We are a 100% free, 100% hobbyist driven, 100% retrogaming focused newsletter. That means all of our content is created by retrogamers just like you. Submissions for future issues are ALWAYS open!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This is an official announcement that the long anticipated Newsletter Legacy Archive is now live. This is a collected archive of every issue of Retrogaming Times, Bit Age Times, Retrogaming Times Monthly, and The Retrogaming Times in .PDF file format, ready for direct download. Over 200 total issues across more than 20 years!

The link to this part of the site can be found on the main index: http://www.classicplastic.net/trt

Retrogaming Times, Bit Age Times, and Retrogaming Times Monthly each feature single download links to obtain every issue in each respective newsletter. Issues of The Retrogaming Times will have .PDF files added to the Legacy Archive as they are published.

PLEASE read the formatting information on the Legacy Archive page so you understand exactly what you are downloading, as most issues will have download options for two different layout configurations.

Additionally the entire archive is backed up, offline, in three locations. There is no need to stash the whole thing away or redistribute it elsewhere. In fact I would rather the archive not be redistributed at all, so that any updates or fixes will always take place at the top.

If you notice any problems, links that don't go anywhere or point to the wrong file, please contact me using the e-mail contact on the Legacy Archive page.

Thank you very much for your patience while this undertaking was completed and thank you for reading The Retrogaming Times.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to InsaneDavid For This Useful Post:

Nz17 (12-06-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Greetings!

This is an official notification that The Retrogaming Times, Twelfth Issue - January 2018, has been published and can be viewed at the URL below:

Featured in this issue:

THE BATTLE FROM WITHIN!

+ More C64! - More Than The Human Body *COVER STORY*
    + Apple II Incider - Star Wars Memories
    + The Controller Chronicles - TurboGrafx-16
    + The Retrogaming Times Newsletter Legacy Archive Is Live
    + The Magical Vacation - Starring Uncle Edward and the Sega Master System
    + Classic Xbox - TRON 2.0 Killer App
    + and more...

We also feature a weekly retrogaming trivia question on our Facebook page every Friday!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Greetings!

This is an official notification that The Retrogaming Times, Thirteenth Issue - March 2018, has been published and can be viewed at the URL below:

Featured in this issue:

ASPIRATIONS OF GREATNESS!

+ More C64! - Winter Olympics *COVER STORY*
    + Apple II Incider - The Apple II Game Wishlist
    + The Controller Chronicles - Atari 7800 ProSystem
    + Arcade Obscure - Jump Coaster
    + Magical Shrine of Fun - Starring Grandma's Birthday Gift and the Rental Wonders
    + Catch and Release - King Salmon "The Big Catch" (Sega Genesis)
    + and more...

We also feature a weekly retrogaming trivia question on our Facebook page every Friday!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

The first thing that came to my mine when I saw Jump Coaster was the Monday Morning Mame Club, reading the article it looks like I'm not the only one that immediately associates the two...miss those days. Fun times.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    The first thing that came to my mine when I saw Jump Coaster was the Monday Morning Mame Club, reading the article it looks like I'm not the only one that immediately associates the two...miss those days. Fun times.
    I don't think I would have ever found the game if it wasn't for Monday Morning MAME Club. It's easily one of the most played games on my MAME upright.

Zzyzzyxx is another lesser-known one that I was introduced to through the 2005 DP MAME League. Finally was able to play it on a dedicated cabinet at California Extreme and explained to a lot of people there how to play it. That game is a ton of fun but it doesn't exactly have the easiest to grasp strategy.

Anyway, that's a column for The Retrogaming Times that I'm really looking forward to continuing. It'll be a nice palette cleanser to come back to. I'm thinking Blood Bros. will be next (another MMMC game) because I freaking love it and no one else cares about it. hehe