Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too much GOTD threads, and they all die quickly, confusing to see new topics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I come to the Classic Gaming section mainly for the Game Of The Day posts nowadays. He likes obscure games and has similar tastes in gaming, so I'm always looking forward to what he posts about.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Maybe make a game of the day thread that links to each game of the day?

I'm looking for those TG-16 games (racing and Tennis) that has the RPG mode. I think if you linked each write up in a separate thread, it may be easier to navigate. Just a thought and just trying to help.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    Maybe make a game of the day thread that links to each game of the day?

I'm looking for those TG-16 games (racing and Tennis) that has the RPG mode. I think if you linked each write up in a separate thread, it may be easier to navigate. Just a thought and just trying to help.
    World Court Tennis anf Final Lap Twin are the games you're trying to find.

That's not a bad idea. I'll try and do something like that while I back them up when I find time.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Maybe game of the week would be better.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Game of the hour, maybe?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm not trying to sound like a broken record, but I have to ask. Those who are run off by the GOTD topics, what was keeping you visiting for the 6 months BEFORE them? Because there wasn't ANYTHING but the RetroVGS/Chamleon, and the usual AVGN and 'Beaten in 2016' posts being discussed before they started. It's not like GOTD topics are strangling the otherwise bustling, active forum. Before them the exact same topics would just hibernate on the first page for days and days on end.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

yea in all honesty I saw a whole page of new stuff (repliest and new topics) after a few days of only playing overwatch online.
    I think they should stay where they are at, if some one is confused by them then maybe theres other problems at hand

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Oh I absolutely think they should keep going the way they have been. There were a couple of games I wanted to play but forgot the names of, so I suggested there be a separate thread that could help reference back to the older GOTD topics. Whether that happens or not, it's no harm to me. Just goes to show that someone (me) actually got some use out of the GOTD topics. I really enjoy Final Lap Twin on TG-16 by the way. The graphics are similar to F-Zero, just without the SNES scaling trickery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

If I scroll to the bottom of the first page, the last reply was May 31st. So what can the GoTD posts possibly be pushing off the list that you want to see?

I used to enjoy coming here for the GoTD posts, but now that the Tapatalk plugin is broken or disabled, I don't even hardly ever look at the foum any more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They're not driving him or anyone else away, just look at his post count and records. He has 44 posts in 6 years with the majority made during his first few months at DP with wide gaps between each subsequent post. Heck, he hasn't even logged back in since he made it.

I don't see how we're losing even a semi-regular here. He's an infrequent poster at best and while there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and he has every right to voice his opinion and feel like it matters, I also don't think we should cater to the minority when the regulars that are actually keeping the dust off a few sections of this forum are in near unanimous opinion for perhaps the first time in the history of Digital Press.

They're easily enough avoided if someone for some reason dislikes these. If they're not even willing to look past them, their ties with DP even as a lurker were tenuous at best, in my opinion.

Heck, if I had my way we'd open this again to YouTube videos and get our crowd that likes to share their views in that manner participating more frequently again here after being banished to a dark corner of DP by our now absent administration.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 06-07-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by armonigann View Post
    No, I agree with OP. I stopped coming to this section due to the GOTDs .. though they are cool it clutters the hell out of the section. Just my take.

Yeah, I agree too. Ever since the GOTD's really started popping up, I don't check here as often, because it seems like any other thread ends up getting killed, because they keep getting pushed down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Yeah, I agree too. Ever since the GOTD's really started popping up, I don't check here as often, because it seems like any other thread ends up getting killed, because they keep getting pushed down.
    Just understand, one GOTD post happens a day. Each page holds by default 25 non-stickied threads. For GOTD threads to push one new thread from the front page, it has to sit unreplied to for 25 days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don't check here as often, because it seems like any other thread ends up getting killed, because they keep getting pushed down.
    It only seems that way. If there weren't GOTD topics, any new topics would just sit there. Because that's EXACTLY what the 5 or so new topics a week did for months.

He makes one SINGLE game of the day topic a day. Just one, that's all. 7 in a week. If there are no other topics, it's because THERE'S NO OTHER TOPICS.

With that said, I'm actually sympathetic to those who want OTHER discussion besides the GOTD posts and suggest some of you create new topics and see how they fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    It only seems that way. If there weren't GOTD topics, any new topics would just sit there. Because that's EXACTLY what the 5 or so new topics a week did for months.

He makes one SINGLE game of the day topic a day. Just one, that's all. 7 in a week. If there are no other topics, it's because THERE'S NO OTHER TOPICS.

With that said, I'm actually sympathetic to those who want OTHER discussion besides the GOTD posts and suggest some of you create new topics and see how they fair.
    Completely. I reply to most new topics myself, and honestly wouldn't care if somebody else wanted to do the GOTD topics. Sitting by and not posting doesn't seem like the thing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

"I don't check here as often" (because the non-existent activity is being buried by activity)
    Last edited by Koa Zo; 06-11-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    "I don't check here as often" (because the non-existent activity is being buried by activity)
    I see what you did there.