Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In the event this place goes down (permanently) soon, where can we found you all?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Whats going on here? why are you guys expecting dp to close?
    Because the only admin still around is Nz17 and a month ago he... had an emotional meltdown, closed off forum registration (so ever since nobody new has been able to register) and has not been seen since.

If you build a city in Simcity but then somehow hack the game so that no new Sims can inhabit that city, then your city does not have much of a future.

Anyway, to answer that topic question.... pretty sure my blog is linked in my sig.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

You can find me at many other places as Mayhem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

I'm everywhere, Sega 16, Castlevania Dungeon Forums, occasionally Atari Age, Twitter, FB, though a lot less places than I used to be at one time. But I'm still mostly everywhere.

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

In the event anyone remembers me, I still exist.

I have accounts at HG101 and AtariAge, although I'm barely at either one these days. More often (although still not much), I'm at Prime Central Station and The Strider Citadel. And of course, I'm on my own (sadly, also dying) forum, The Third Moon. On all of these forums, I'm known as Dire 51 in some way, shape or form.

I can also be found on Facebook and Twitter under my real name. Facebook I'm in and out of at least once a day, Twitter I rarely use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

This is the only dedicated gaming forum I visit.

But I still occasionally upload gaming videos to my YoTube- username, as it is absolutely everywhere, is Nebagram.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NintendoAge is the only forum that is active enough and suits my main interests. I'm also on VGMM, N64Forever, SegaAge and here, but don't post as much on the others.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    NintendoAge is the only forum that is active enough and suits my main interests. I'm also on VGMM, N64Forever, SegaAge and here, but don't post as much on the others.
    I didn't realize there was a SegaAge forum. I supposed I could have guessed that though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably a lost cause for me. I do have an account at nintendo age but have 24 posts in the past three years so...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

I can be found on Gamefaqs as retroman20.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

When I'm on a video game forum, I'm usually on Atariage as 8th lutz. I also rarely post on Nintendo Life as 7th lutz.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 06-09-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) JeremiahJT's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JeremiahJT

I am JeremiahJT or jeremiahjt anywhere I have an account. Sometimes like with YouTube I have to throw a 1 on the end. I am at all the Ages (Atari, Nintendo, Sega, and even the short lived 3DOage). I also have an account at RF Generation and I think I even have logins at Sega-16 and PCEngineFX.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calgon View Post
    Probably a lost cause for me. I do have an account at nintendo age but have 24 posts in the past three years so...
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I only had one post there and was eventually banned. Hehehehehehehe....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm Gamemoose over at Atari Age. On Youtube, with my paltry single video done eons ago, I'm Pmode4. Like on this board, I haven't been all that active.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    ... or they're fixated on one particular system/company/era. That's why I've always been hesitant to join places like AtariAge, NintendoAge, etc. I don't have great interest in pre-crash gaming, and I care about a lot more than just NES/Nintendo. I've always appreciated how Digital Press embraces all systems and games equally.
    AtariAge is far more than just Atari or even just pre-crash gaming.

It has a general classic gaming forum for non-Atari discussion that not only is more active than this area of Digital Press, but also has active sub-forums dedicated to more specialized topics like the Sega Genesis. And several of those even seem to get more traffic than the entire classic gaming forum here at DP. And the modern gaming section is definitely more active on a routine basis than that here at DP.

The one area where its specialization remains is the main site itself. You won't find a NES category for instance in the rarity guides, perhaps something that could be changed if some dedicated members here got together with Albert and such over at AA and tried to expand things if he was amicable to the idea.

I for one would love to see a lot of the scanned material here at DP not be lost now that Joe and NZ17 both refuse to even acknowledge ownership of this place let alone actually visit and do something for a change.

And as seen by this thread, an awful lot of us already are active over there and likely will become more active as DP finally fades from the collecting scene.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 06-10-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well it seems a lot of us have accounts at Atari Age, so I've registered an account there. I'm pretty sure I still have an 11 year old account at the PCEngineFX forums. I think I only posted there once, but have visited a lot more, though hardly regularly.

I hope this place is still around in the months/years to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Man, this forum used to be the bomb back in the days. Back in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 etc, etc. It's too bad there isn't a retrogaming forum right now that can truly replace the vibe that DP had like 10 to 13 years ago. I'm on Atari Age (Kid Chameleon), but for some reason, I just don't seem to find very many of the threads interesting. Somebody will make a thread about something, and it will get a few comments, but the discussions never seem to get very deep.

I don't know.... maybe I'm being a bit too harsh, but when I used to be able to browse Atari Age while at work (it's blocked now), I just never found too many interesting discussions. Of course, I'm mainly interested in video gaming stuff that happened from about 89 to 96, so maybe there are amazing discussions about stuff from the Atari / Intellivision / Colecovision days, but I'm not really into that era too much. My favorite era is early 16-bit to early PS1 /N64.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well it looks like this place is paid up to sometime in December, unlikely it will get renewed for another year it seems. The silver lining is it looks like all the info from the main site has been archived at least.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160527...igitpress.com/

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    AtariAge is far more than just Atari or even just pre-crash gaming.

It has a general classic gaming forum for non-Atari discussion that not only is more active than this area of Digital Press, but also has active sub-forums dedicated to more specialized topics like the Sega Genesis. And several of those even seem to get more traffic than the entire classic gaming forum here at DP. And the modern gaming section is definitely more active on a routine basis than that here at DP.

The one area where its specialization remains is the main site itself. You won't find a NES category for instance in the rarity guides, perhaps something that could be changed if some dedicated members here got together with Albert and such over at AA and tried to expand things if he was amicable to the idea.

I for one would love to see a lot of the scanned material here at DP not be lost now that Joe and NZ17 both refuse to even acknowledge ownership of this place let alone actually visit and do something for a change.

And as seen by this thread, an awful lot of us already are active over there and likely will become more active as DP finally fades from the collecting scene.
    That's fair enough. I figured there may be more to the forums than I know, seeing as I have never registered and could probably count on my fingers the number of times I've ventured to that site or forum over the years. But I do think a forum being attached to a site with a specialization does have impact. I'm sure I'm not the only gamer who hasn't bothered joining due to a low level of interest in Atari/pre-crash gaming. Likewise, I'm sure a lot of the members there joined for Atari/pre-crash discussion first and other systems/eras second. Given that, I still feel like I wouldn't particularly fit in there, and I appreciate that Digital Press has a broad scope in all regards, from the site to the forum.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I'm Atariboy over at AtariAge.
    Ha, I never knew that!

I'm the same name Greg2600 on Atari Age, Nintendo Age, Sega-16, Assemblergames, etc., etc. I use AA the most.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Insert Coin (Level 0) JeremiahJT's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JeremiahJT

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Ha, I never knew that!

I'm the same name Greg2600 on Atari Age, Nintendo Age, Sega-16, Assemblergames, etc., etc. I use AA the most.
    You thought the cat picture being the same was purely coincidental?