One of my earliest gaming memories is playing Commodore64 in my friend's basement. My buddy (who lived next door to me at the time) had an older brother who was some kind of software or computer programmer who lived in Germany or somewhere in Europe. Because of this, my buddy had literally hundreds of disks with Commodore programs, mostly games. We would spend hours searching through the disks, trying to find fun games in English that we could actually play. Our favorite game was definitly Lazy Jones.

The plot of this game is nothing short of awesome. You control Jones, a lazy hotel employee whos only ambition in life is to neglect his work and play video games instead. The hotel in which Jones works contains 18 rooms, each of which have their own computer game. The goal of the game is to aviod your irrate boss and sneak into the various hotel rooms to play these video games. Like how awesome is that? A game about slacking off at work and playing video games!

The challenge in this game stems from avoiding your angry manager, the ghost of your former manager, and the cleaning trolley as you navigate the hotel hallways and elevator. You lose a life if you touch one of these things/guys. Each hotel room has a sub-game where you rack up points which are added to your total score (not to mention the largest friggin TV sets in the world!). Each sub-game is different, and once you play them all the rooms reset at a higher difficulty.

Lazy Jones is a really fun game and has an awesome soundtrack as well. C64 has many games with excellent sondtracks, but this is my favorite. Ive looked and the original game is like, impossible to find. If you havent played this you should definitly check it out on an emulator.