Thread: The official Nintendo Switch thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The detailed speculations about the hardware don't make sense. It is enough if we know that the new console will be a hybrid console/handheld. This makes a lot of sense because Nintendo cannot compete (since 2006) with MS and Sony when it comes to hardware. Therefore they look since the Wii-times for something (wii mote, wii u gamepad) to distinguish themselves in the market to compensate for the underpowered hardware. The NX will be another effort in this regard, and even more; it might be, that this is the first step out of the traditional console market into the handheld market only.

I'm very mistrustful about speculations when it comes to hardware, what it can do and how the games will be. We will know when the NX is on the shelves and we play the games. I'm jaded. I saw the Genesis and SNES pics in mags, I watched the 64 Marios for the N64 running around (STUNNING graphics quality which was achieved with the GC five years later), the harware specs of the Dreamcast and the PS2, some were fulfilled, others not, but it was always different, positive or negative, when the games were finally played.

So far we know almost nothing about it, and even when the first reliable specs and the official pics will be released then we still won't know what this machine can do and if the games are good or not. Lots of speculations months ahead of the release don't make a lot of sense.
    Last edited by lendelin; 10-02-2016 at 01:19 PM.