"By Alex Osborn Azure Striker Gunvolt developer Inti Creates has announced the return of Blaster Master with the release of a brand-new game for Nintendo 3DS next year.

This upcoming eShop title, dubbed Blaster Master Zero, was announced during the studio's 20th Anniversary Fan Festa, and will release in Spring 2017.

Inti Creates acquired the rights to Sunsoft's 1988 NES classic, and is using the original Blaster Master as a foundation in creating an 8-bit experience that pays homage to the original, while also making use of current technology to optimize the game for modern day.

Blaster Master Zero will feature brand-new bosses and locations, as well as additional sub-weapons and refined gameplay. The story centers around a robotic engineer named Jason Frudnick and his subterranean adventures in his SOPHIA 3rd tank, as he seeks to track down his creature companion Fred."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...h-new-3ds-game

As a huge fan of the orginal Blaster Master, I'm looking forward to this. I think the art style is a little weird but interesting. I hope it comes out great.