Okay, I'll try to keep this as concise as possible. I am one of the many would-be consumers that got burned by this whole fiasco with the release of the NES Classic Edition on 11/11/16. Over the weekend, I started considering the possiblity of getting a retroUSB AVS as a way of getting around (1) Nintendo's supply-and-demand game they love to play and (2) the eBay resellers preying on people's desire to enjoying some old games.

Granted, the AVS would cost me an additional $125 than the NES Classic Edition, but I would at least have the freedom to play other games of my choosing instead of being locked down to 30 games. I have around 50 NES games in my collection so far, and I'm sure they'd look great in HD with the AVS. But there's only one glaring problem...with the exception of Super Mario Bros. & Tecmo Bowl, I have none of the games that are on the NES Classic Edition.

And that's where having Classic Edition would make sense for me. We've all done the math and can easily see that 30 NES games for $60 is a no-brainer. There's just no way I could find the original carts of each game for that price. Not to mention, I would love to play them with wife and friends. So from that standpoint, it feels like purchasing the AVS just wouldn't be a financially smart decision. I mean, as much as I'm not thrilled with Nintendo's business practice of withholding quantities for the sake of hype-building, I don't want to make a brash decision that would ultimately cost me more in the long run just to say that I "stuck it to them". And let's be real, Nintendo will live on with or without my cash.

What do you think? Should I go for the AVS now, or just wait it out and see if the NES Classic Edition become available for it's intended price in the weeks to come?