Finally got around to digging through the games included on this Pandora's Box multi-game arcade board. Managed to find a bunch of really fun games that I had never even heard of or tried before. Among them were several in the "Cabal clones" genre, crosshair driven shooters where you control both your character and the aiming reticule at the same time. In the past I had played some of the more well known titles in this genre like Wild Guns for SNES or Nam '75 for Neo Geo, but through this I discovered some cool obscure entries like Pirates, Spinal Breakers, and Riot.

This is a very niche genre and the amount of games made in this style isn't very many. I poked around online a bit to see if I could find a definitive list of games like this but couldn't really find anything comprehensive. Just in case there's an awesome one I'm missing out on, would you fine chaps care to chime in with some titles? Those I can think of off the top of my head are:

Arcade - Cabal, Blood Brothers, Riot, Spinal Breakers, Pirates, Devastators, GI Joe, NAM '75, SWAT

Genesis - Dynamite Duke (which I think is kind of stretching it)

SMS - Double Hawk

NES - Punisher

SNES - Wild Guns... and that's it?

I found the SWAT Korean arcade game interesting. The gameplay and enemy placement is very uninspired and unpolished. The fact it's cobbled together with blatently stolen assets from Neo Geo games made it worth a play through just to see what games everthing was ripped from.