Thread: Unknown Nintendo super famicom test cartridge? i found this locally list $20000+

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Unknown Nintendo super famicom test cartridge? i found this locally list $20000+

Hi there,

I hope all is going well.

I've posted a few times on digital press over the years, and prefer this site over nintendoage.
    I travel various countries looking for obscure retro games, and now work with a large wholesaler / distributor within Japan. We located an extremely rare super famicom test cartridge quite a while ago. The asking price from the seller is over $20000 USD.

I know it seems ridiculous, but just thought id share with you guys, and see everybody's thoughts in an open agenda. It contains a yoshi cookie for the super famicom. It is believed to have a population of 1, and is one of the few test cartridges created by nintendo in the early 90s.

Thoughts? price? wanted level? let me know

The below item is a separate item. This is a gold promotional cartridge for the super famciom, in japan only. We are in possession of a few of these, and apparently there is only 8 of this one in existence below (not 100% sure on the pop count, please correct me if i am wrong.) If anybody is interested for this item, please pm me on my ebay store as i am more responsive here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/japan-international-trade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I may be off a bit but those empty carts aren't worth much even on the Super Famicom. The value mostly comes from what should or could be on it. A blank could net you a hundred or two USD, but throw something say like a published game, it can add a little to a lot, and if it's a beta of a game a bit more, and popularity (say Chrono Trigger vs Hyperzone) adds more yet. Best would be a beta of a game with a big change or a proto of something never released (like that white whale of an unreleased Wing Commander 2 that got finished and lot PONY created.) I'd probably start it at a couple hundred bucks and let people battle, or put a $500 price and take whatever best offer even if it ends up being like $150.

That gold cart though, you're nuts. $2400aud is $1800 US, and I don't recall seeing that one come up often but when it does it has sold for hundreds less, closer to 1000 than 2000.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the response.

Yes, i agree with you, i think it is heavily overpriced. We cannot agree with every japanese sellers pricing; but this is just what is marked in display store. Which i wanted to share with you guys.
    Here is the photo proof of marked pricing.

I don't agree with it, but thought you could shed light as to why it is marked 1980000 yen.

As per the gold cartridge, good luck purchasing this item in 2016 at the old values listed. This is retro gaming, and many items are increasing in value over the years. If you want to buy at very old listed prices, go ahead and purchase from other retailer. But remember that the old values are gone, the listing does not exist elsewhere, and retailers in japan have this marked higher as there is a high demand in Japan market and only 8 produced. It is negotiable in price, but i would not come to 1k as i can sell for higher locally in japan.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

20gs? I want a hit of whatever that person is smoking. Sounds quite hallucinogenic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well for starters on the test cart seems we're on it.

Why someone would ask that much? Two reasons: Show piece with a joke price to scare off people, or greed.

As to the gold cart, I don't need the lecture as I've been into it since 1995. I know how it works and don't need the lecture. Feel free to sell in Japan as dangling that around these parts will meet with unfriendly resistance. The only board I think you could get a heavy handed bite would be Nintendoage as they have enough members there with deep pockets and shallow skull space that could get crazy over it.