Pregnancy sure has a way of being all-consuming. I felt too nauseated and exhausted in the first trimester to even look at games, did some gaming in the second but had a lot of other things I was trying to get done then too, and now in the third I'm back to being exhausted and dealing with a litany of other symptoms that keep me from ever having the time, energy, and concentration to get invested in a game. 2020 seems like it's gonna be a real bust for me when it comes to being at all productive in terms of beating games. But I have casually dabbled in a little bit of stuff lately. My husband hooked up the N64, so I played some Wave Race 64. I've always really loved that one, from the gameplay to the graphics, sound, announcer, pretty much everything about it, yet I've never gotten serious about. I only just now took the time to go through the options and clear all the data from the previous owner, so I can start on unlocking everything myself. It's pretty interesting that you can transfer the cart data to a controller pak and vice versa. I can get first place in the circuit on the normal difficulty without much effort, but I still struggle with the higher difficulties.

My husband also bought the Terraonion MODE for Saturn and Dreamcast, so now we're actually putting our Saturn to use. We only own a couple US releases, and I'm not about to pay the stupidly high prices on secondhand Saturn games these days, so outside of occasionally borrowing games from others, our Saturn was generally untouched. Now with the MODE, it's loaded up with games, and I briefly toyed with a couple. I played a little Puyo Puyo Sun and then Arthur to Astaroth no Nazo-Makai-Mura. I already have the former for N64, but I never played the latter before. Pretty interesting puzzle game, and the Ghosts 'n Goblins theme is super fun of course. Lots of cute little animations and interactions.