Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Time trial modes can be nice to dip your toes into once in awhile. The MK version on SP is enjoyable with the mode7 and all, I haven’t played that one in a bit.

Still brushing through the MD here…still very early in the game, but the level puzzles so far are keeping occupado.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I'm still chipping away at Mario Kart: Super Circuit on my Game Boy Advance SP. It took me a number of tries to finally get first place in the final cup on 150cc and unlock the sunset title screen, and now I'm unlocking the 150cc versions of the extra cups. I've also started dabbling in the Time Trial mode. I beat the top default times for eight of the tracks so far.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I got the top times on some more tracks in the Time Trial mode of Mario Kart: Super Circuit on my Game Boy Advance SP, but I stopped keeping track of how many. I've been struggling a little to get gold on the last couple Extra cups on 150cc, but I'm not playing that much at this point. My night routine lately has been to play a tiny bit of Mario Kart (like sometimes only 15 minutes or so) and then watch an episode of Sailor Moon off of the Blu-rays I bought several years ago. I'm just about done with the second season, so I think that's a decent point to take a break and finish up with Mario Kart too. It would just take way too much effort to get triple star rankings on everything to earn that nighttime title screen, so I can save that for a later point. I just wanted something to play for a bit that wouldn't be too involved, but I'm feeling ready to get into a meatier game now, once I'm done splitting my free time by watching anime too.

Other than that, I picked up another small, cheap lot of DS games and briefly tried them out: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell, Disney's The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, iCarly, and Mario Kart DS. I think it's pretty obvious which game I got the lot for, haha. I'm pretty satisfied with my Mario Kart collection now, as I'm only lacking the two most recent physical releases (and don't even own a Wii U or Switch, so it'd be pointless for me to get MK8). Well, unless you want to count the arcade cabinets, haha. I played some of the Mushroom Cup on 50cc in Mario Kart DS, and boy does it feel slow compared to Super Circuit. The tracks are huge in comparison, and the Super Circuit tracks are already long compared to the tracks in Super Mario Kart. But I'm sure it's faster and crazier on 150cc. The rest of the lot screams preteen girl, haha. Most people would just assume they're shovelware, but I was surprised to see Tinker Bell had a way more active board on GameFAQs than I expected. I guess it has its fans, and the publisher did go above and beyond with all the stuff they packaged with the game (stickers and such). On the flip side, iCarly has probably the sorriest manual of any game I've seen that has an actual paper manual. There's literally only a single page of barely formatted plain text about the game itself (and the standard few pages with health warnings and legal mumbo jumbo). It reeks of "If Nintendo didn't require us to include a paper manual, we would've included nothing." So I got a chuckle out of that at least.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 08-14-2023 at 02:48 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Started a new character on Tactics Ogre Reborn, I didn't know there was an emblem for getting no incapacitations, I just wanted no incapacitations. I would have actually quit no incapacitations if I didn't find out there was an emblem for it so I figured I'm going to go the whole way and get the emblem for that and no chariot uses on the same run. The game is much harder than the original Tactics Ogre and much less grindy than Tactics Ogre PSP, so it's way harder than getting no deaths on the original. I'm about to change to the lord class on chapter four so pretty close to the end of the game. I plan on going atleast one other path in the game before doing the side content afterwards so I can get both lord and princess(especially since Lans and Warren require the princes ending to get on your party.) A lot of content, wouldn't matter if it wasn't all great content within an amazing game.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i've been playing metro last light the past few days. PC version
    its what i expected

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ostin Powers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Currently, I'm diving deep into the world of WoW, and my secret weapon is Levelupper. They're like the ultimate gaming sidekick, offering everything from PvP carry to mastering arenas. Need to breeze through dungeons or level up at warp speed? They're your go-to NPCs! With Levelupper, it's not just about playing; it's about conquering like a true hero. And guess what? You won't have to grind for gold; their prices are as fair as a medieval marketplace! Explore their services at https://levelupper.com/ and prepare for epic quests!
    Last edited by Ostin Powers; 09-26-2023 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I'm taking a break with ToTK and tried some "Untitled Goose Game". It's a cute roaming puzzler but one problem I am having is that I've watched my kids play this game so the things I've seen so far I know what to expect. I did get sucked into an eShop sale and picked up "Doom 64" followed by "Quake II". "Doom 64" I played on the N64 but it gave me motion sickness. So far this version hasn't and I do enjoy the simplicity of blasting things. I have not tried "Quake II" yet.

Having my kids ask about things in ToTK made me want to play it but I still feel I should give it some time, so I tried out "LoZ: Skyward Sword HD" for the Switch. I loathed the motion controls with the Wii version. Even more so when I got more kids which tend to orbit you while you play, not heeding the many warnings of someone getting clobbered. When the inevitable happened, I would first console them but after a few more whacks, one tends to get a little testy. You'd figure the pain receptors in their little bodies would register that the invisible circle at Dad's/step-dad's arm's length is a no travel zone. Nope. I hoped that the Switch version would make it more playable but now I have to deal with precision stick-flicking. On top of that, I'm so used to BoTW's and ToTK's camera control that Skyward feels like it's a step back (and not in a good way). There's probably control settings I don't know about, so I'll have to revisit it.

Lately I've been pouring time into my new Apple acquisitions, the 512K Macintosh and a now fully functional Powerbook 180 (though it's probably borrowed time as I had to crack the hard drive open to put tape on a stopper to destick the arm. It actually worked and I had a functioning 40 MB hard drive). I just got OS 7.1 installed on the PB and that's it as out of 9 diskettes, only 2 worked for transferring floppy images to. I had to do a "disk brigade" of installing a disk image on one and while that was loading in the laptop, I had the other getting overwritten with the next disk in the sequence. The two Mac games I played were "Golf", a solitaire card game on the 512K and "Puzzle", which is a built in slide-style puzzle game where you have to arrange the tiles properly on the PB 180.

I have two NOS packs of Sony disks on order from Amazon so I'll try out some more titles. I really want to try "Shadowgate" on the 512k. Mac OS7....no idea what's available and what would look good on a grayscale screen.