Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

My Punisher pcb had the sound cutting out intermittently. Figured out it was a cold solder joint on a cap near the amp. Re-flowed it, and it's working great now, so I played a few credits. Have to keep that one up, as the wife likes it a lot.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Still playing everything mentioned in my previous post. In Ozmafia on PC, I started up Caramia's route yet again, specifically with the intention of getting Kyrie as the rival, and I picked the choices I skipped previously, which triggered the route switch. I had been avoiding switching to his route, thinking it would drop me off somewhere in the middle of doing his full route, which I've yet to attempt at all, but since I learned that the routes are totally different when doing a switch, I figured I may as well do Kyrie's now.

I fully polished off Heishi's route in Norn9 on Vita, so I decided to switch heroines and start up Senri's. I think it'll be interesting, since Senri barely shows up in the other routes (which makes sense of course, as he's a total shut-in). Also on Vita, in Octodad: Dadliest Catch, I'm still in the Aquarium, but I found each of the family members and completed their sections. I'm really having a hell of a time finding the tie collectibles in the game. I think I only have six so far. The trophies seem to be tough to unlock too. I think I've only got one of those.

Lastly, I played a little Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Genesis, which doesn't sound like anything special, but it's actually pretty exciting for me. You see, our trusty old CRT TV (which we bought new back in 2003 or some such) bit the dust several months ago, and we only just recently found ourselves a replacement. I'm stubborn enough that I won't hook up classic systems to an HDTV and make the games look like ass, so I haven't been playing any retro home consoles in a while. Anyway, the new (old) TV is pretty nice. It's no fancy Trinitron or anything, but it's better than our previous set in that it not only accepts RF, composite, and s-video, but also component. It's also a bit smaller and considerably lighter than our old one, which is something we were looking for. We also wanted a set with a rounded screen, as we're not super crazy about totally flat screened CRTs. Anyway, all those positives aside, it's also been disheartening because, even though it looked perfectly fine when the Craigslist seller played a movie on it to demonstrate that it works, once we brought it home and waited a few days to buy a remote for it (since it didn't come with one), we discovered that it has vertical foldover. It seems that some colors and resolutions play nice with it better than others, such that sometimes you see nothing and sometimes you see horizontal bars across the top fifth or so of the screen. The picture is great otherwise, so it's really disappointing. So right now, I don't know what we're going to do with it. Maybe we'll try to get it fixed, or maybe we'll ultimately trash it and begin our search for a CRT TV anew. It wasn't terribly expensive, and getting rid of it is as easy as taking it outside and placing it at the curb (thank goodness we live in NYC and don't have to haul stuff like that to a dump ourselves), so that part of it doesn't bother me much. I'm just tired of having problems with this stuff and tired of being without a good CRT TV to play my old games on.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Today, my brother and his kids came by for awhile. The kids played some Earth Defense Force 2017 on 360. We played through the Punisher (arcade), then plugged in the Master System 3D glasses to try Space Harrier 3D and Zaxxon 3D, which my wife gave me for Christmas. Zaxxon was particularly good. This led to some intense games of Missile Defense 3D, which in turn brought out a ton of light gun stuff including Gangster Town, Safari Hunt, Rambo III, Rescue Mission, and Shooting Gallery... which caused me to want to show him my 3DO gun I repaired last fall. We played Space Pirates and Drug Wars, then Space Harrier on 32X to round things out. Lots of good stuff!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 Featuring ECW (Sony PlayStation 2, 2007)

Testing old PS2 wrestling games..

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I finished off Kyrie's route in Ozmafia on PC after switching from Caramia's route. Since then, I've been feeling a little burnt out on the game from starting up Caramia's route over and over. I haven't really been in the mood to start it yet again to finally pursue his good ending. Instead, I've just been progressing in Senri's route in Norn9 on Vita. I'm on Chapter 3, probably close to Chapter 4. Also on Vita, I completely polished off Octodad: Dadliest Catch, getting 100% of the trophies (no platinum, since the game doesn't have one). I couldn't be bothered to guess at how to unlock the trophies nor to hunt down every remaining tie myself, so I just checked some guides to know what to do.

I also very briefly played some Tokimeki Memorial: Taisen Puzzle-Dama on MAME and promptly got my ass handed to me, haha. It's been a while since I last played a Taisen Puzzle-Dama game, so I'm totally out of the groove.