Got my Punisher pcb in last night before work. I won it from an international auction from Spain some time ago that had a stock photo for super cheap. I figured it was likely a bootleg, but for how silly cheap it was, I threw out a very low (less than $50) bid and ended up winning. When I got home from work this morning I opened it up, and... yup, bootleg. It has the typical sound issue where the sound effects are correct, but the music loops too quickly, after, like, 15 seconds.

I don't know if there's a reasonable fix for the sound issue, but at least it plays correctly, so I'll have my fun with it. My wife actually liked it a bit, though the violence makes her want to keep it away from our son. I forget sometimes that she's pretty good at beat 'em ups, and used to play Sengoku 2 and 3 on AES with me a lot when we were dating. So, I'll get to play through it with her at least once.

So, yeah... while I quietly hoped that magically it'd be legit, I can't be upset at a boot for what I paid. Was worth a shot. At least the GI Joe board coming in soon is legit!