Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default I found a thing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sept17 finds.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	10394

after a long long time I found something substantial!

Labor day weekend the flea market is outside and free to browse and buy, as opposed to the other sunday fleas they have that cost $1 to get in.
    Any way I noticed a guy with a TON of PC hardware and tucked in a corner was a Atari 800XL with 2 drives. I kept it in mind and continued on and then found, at a completely different seller a box of Atari PC carts, there were 12 of them and one 2600 game. so I bought it and then finished up the rest of the flea, came back to the 800XL and bought it from the guy who was REALLY into old PC gaming and he was getting rid of this as a spare, came with 2 drives, one a 1050 and another some Rana something or other later on that week I found a Genesis for cheap and 2 days ago I finally came across a component cable for the OG X-Box at a decent price and picked up another spare NES AC adapter.

Atari 800XL w/ Controllers, Hookups and 2 drives (bare drives no cables for them) $30
    Atari PC games all loose:
    Peanut Butter Panic
    Movie Musical Madness
    Ernie's Magic Shapes
    Big Bird's Special Delivery
    Frogger
    Miner 2049er
    Pole Position
    Donkey Kong
    Centipede
    Pac-Man
    Qix
    Space Invaders : all plus 2600 Defender $15
    Genesis Model 1 :$1 Loose
    NES AC Adapter : $3
    OG XBOX component cable : $3
    Master System : $20 shipped

The master system was something I bought a while ago but was just recently able to get to since life has been hectic with family breaking them selves and having strokes and are unwilling to accept help but I bought it as "broken" from a computer hardware liquidator on ebay I buy some things from and it booted up just fine. has Hang On and Safari Hunt built in, cart and card slots work, my guess is they had no way to test so its "broken"

Side note:
    the 800XL was assembled when I bought it, I took it apart to clean because it smelled like literal ass, i'm also in the process of reversing the yellowing, that's for another post

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Slate (09-02-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Nice find, I rarely ever came across Atari computer stuff in my years of hunting.

I hit a flea market a little north of Lafayette, LA yesterday and bought these four Super Famicom games. I have no idea what they are, there was a shelf full of assorted games marked $4.99 each, so I picked these four. Maybe I'll post the pic in the Import thread, and hopefully somebody can identify them.

I also picked up the Up N' Down cartridge for the Colecovision at a GameXchange earlier in the week for $19.99.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I gave a rundown in your import post of your games. Love me some Itadaki Street 2!

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    My latest finds have been pretty lacking lately. Found a game cube with out controllers for $15 and a cat bed for $6

Seems that when i find something big one time then i won't find any thing else for months
    so funny thing about this find in July...
    I finally got around to opening the system up from the goodwill bag it was wrapped up in and it had a copy of Smash Bros in it, found this out minutes ago...

I just grabbed it because $15 for a gamecube with any cords is cheap any more, never expected to find a game in it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I swung by the local St. Vince De Paul thrift store to see if they had anything interesting. I walked out with a pink DS Lite, New Super Mario Bros, Namco Museum and Super Scribblenauts (all loose) for about $27. The DS works great and the carts are in great shape.

That now makes I think 4 DS systems that can be rotated amongst my kids during bouts of Mario Kart on top of the three systems my boys have. Now only one child has to sit out as they wait for someone to lose the race.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm surprised I didn't post this earlier; this took place before my last post from August 19th and I have no date for it but it was between April and July.

I bought:

1 White Dreamcast;
    1 A/V Cable;
    1 Controller;
    1 Memory Card (not a VMU; )
    102 Dalmations (complete; )
    Sonic Adventure (complete; )
    Toy Story 2 (complete.)

For $5. I sold the 3 games on eBay and bought Crazy Taxi 1 and 2 for about $15 each.

Later, in early August, I bought:

2 DS systems;
    1 GBA SP (which I later broke by dropping on the floor, they're made of brittle plastic; )
    a Gamecube (DOL-001, Indigo) with no controller;
    Various games, mostly for the GBA and DS (including Pokemon Leafgreen)
    1 Mario Plush
    1 Mario Kart Lunch Box (for lack of a clearer term; it's not aluminum)

All for about $28. I sold most of that on eBay and made more than 3x my investment back on it.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 06-02-2022 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Added info about the Gamecube since I was here, nearly 5 years later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Stopped off at a great little store called Found It Electronics and Video Games up in Watauga, TX this evening. Got this boxed Astrocade game, Pirate's Chase, for $5 and the Atari 400/800 cartridge K-razy Shoot-out for $15. Dammit, I love finding games for more obscure consoles. They had two other boxed Astrocade games, but I already had one of them and the other was an empty box, no cart inside. I've never come across Astrocade games outside of a game convention, and I rarely ever find Atari computer carts (especially third-party ones). I'm really happy.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Found the boxes at a thrift a couple months ago probably, no manual for Lufia (or game), but I think FFV has everything except the game, which I have a loose copy of. I think they were around $4 each. Tron 2.0 was $1.50 at a goodwill. I remember I nearly bought this game brand new when it came out, but decided to wait and then just sort of moved on. I've noticed it mentioned now and then and I've read some favorable reviews of it over the years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

My wife took me to some seasonal flea-market type event called "Maxwell Street Days". It takes up a County fair ground. It was basically your mix of antiques, hand made goods, rummage and collectables. I saw a video game store with a tent at this event, selling their wares. I think I saw them at MGC before.

Many of the games, systems and accessories I saw were "collector priced", even on items that were pretty beat up. There was an Intellivision with bad controllers and a handfull of commons for $50. The sun umbrella that was covering where the dealer sat fell when I was looking at the stuff, so I took that as a sign from Bira Bira to move on.

I got an original Xbox Type S controller for $5. That's it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    My wife took me to some seasonal flea-market type event called "Maxwell Street Days". It takes up a County fair ground. It was basically your mix of antiques, hand made goods, rummage and collectables. I saw a video game store with a tent at this event, selling their wares. I think I saw them at MGC before.

Many of the games, systems and accessories I saw were "collector priced", even on items that were pretty beat up. There was an Intellivision with bad controllers and a handfull of commons for $50. The sun umbrella that was covering where the dealer sat fell when I was looking at the stuff, so I took that as a sign from Bira Bira to move on.
    Yeah, you don't really see people selling old games at flea markets anymore, it's all resellers. Since the uptick in retro gaming awareness as of late, nobody is selling their old gaming stuff too much. I've stopped going to thrift stores altogether, and will only go to a flea market (on the rare occasion my boss will let me have a Saturday or Sunday off) maybe two or three times a year now. I only buy games at overpriced game stores nowadays.

Speaking of which, I picked up this TI -99/4A version of Miner 2049'er for $19.99 today. It looks odd because Texas Instruments made a revision to their computer in 1982 that essentially locked out any non-licensed cartridges from playing. So Tigervision made their games play through the side expansion port, hence the weird shape. I saw one of these in a convention in 2008 but the guy in front of me snagged it, and I've never come across another one. I'm glad I have one now.

I also ordered these little arcade cabs off Amazon for something like $22 to $30 each. The screen resolution is low, but they actually play. The fire buttons have a nice click to them and the joystick is a little tricky to use considering its size. I just wish companies would expand beyond Namco's early titles and go broader. How about a tiny Tron cabinet? I'd murder for one of those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I had to officially, yet unofficially work today. My clients were closed but the company I work for doesn't give Friday after Thanksgiving off, so there's a chance I'd get a call.

I came into the city I work in and bummed a bit. Meandering through Goodwill I found amongst Leapfrog games a complete PokeMon Ultra (Alpha? Whatever) Sapphire for $2.99.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

had a little luck at the pawn shop today...picked up ssf2, nhl 94, sf2 ce for genesis...metroid other m for wii, metroid prime 2, mario strikers both for the cube and halo 3 essentials on the 360...all $2 each

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Yeah, you don't really see people selling old games at flea markets anymore, it's all resellers. Since the uptick in retro gaming awareness as of late, nobody is selling their old gaming stuff too much. I've stopped going to thrift stores altogether, and will only go to a flea market (on the rare occasion my boss will let me have a Saturday or Sunday off) maybe two or three times a year now. I only buy games at overpriced game stores nowadays.

Speaking of which, I picked up this TI -99/4A version of Miner 2049'er for $19.99 today. It looks odd because Texas Instruments made a revision to their computer in 1982 that essentially locked out any non-licensed cartridges from playing. So Tigervision made their games play through the side expansion port, hence the weird shape. I saw one of these in a convention in 2008 but the guy in front of me snagged it, and I've never come across another one. I'm glad I have one now.

I also ordered these little arcade cabs off Amazon for something like $22 to $30 each. The screen resolution is low, but they actually play. The fire buttons have a nice click to them and the joystick is a little tricky to use considering its size. I just wish companies would expand beyond Namco's early titles and go broader. How about a tiny Tron cabinet? I'd murder for one of those.
    What brand/model are those arcade cabs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

They're made by a company called Super Impulse. They also manufacture tiny little functioning Mattel Football games as keychains too. Here's the Ms. Pac-Man cab.

https://www.amazon.com/Pac-Man-Class...4-0f2549f94c2f

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to a couple of game stores today, bought Super Cobra for the Odyssey2 for $20 and a strange pirate cart for the Atari 2600 for $40, minus 20% since they were on sale. Then I went to a second store and bought Flipper Skipper for the Colecovision for $14.95.

I'm switching over from Photobucket (since they completely suck now) and going to a new photo service. If anybody knows how to download an entire Photobucket library without having to do it picture by picture, let me know.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I'm digging the artwork on that pirate cart!

I did a little looking, and it seems as though Photobucket has removed the download album option. That was after clearing away about 10 ads overlaid on the page. Such a shitshow there now. I did find reference to downloading an album in the mobile ap, but no way am I going to install that potential cancer on my phone.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cornelius For This Useful Post:

Steve W (12-19-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    If anybody knows how to download an entire Photobucket library without having to do it picture by picture, let me know.
    There are browser plugins that claim to do it. I haven't tried any yet, though.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jb143 For This Useful Post:

Cornelius (12-18-2017), Steve W (12-19-2017)