Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yakuza 1-4 Reprints for PS2 and PS3

I love when this happens! The hype about rarity and overpriced games crushed easily by simple reprints! Sega decided to reprint the 4 games which were sold up to $150 used in the last couple of years.

Yakuza and Yakuza 2 for the PS2 just got reprints, and so did Yakuza 3 and 4 for the PS3. Each game can be had new for $45 to $50 on Amazon. I'm always warning about an early hype about rarity which in rare cases come true.

Currently Limited Run games, or Devils Third (WiiU), and so many examples of the past (Firefighter FD 18, which I bought last year for a measly $15 complete in box after it was bought around 2006 already for $100).

Games which are estimated as rare shortly after release are hardly rare because they are perceived as that. The hunt for the new Stadium Events or Suikoden II or EVO is reenforced by not very knowledgeable youtubers who speculate -well- with not a lot of knowledge; and unfortunately, a lot of collectors fall for it in this age of rarity hype and overpriced games.

Patience pays off. Big time. It is hard to tell which games are 'rare' or 'pricey' in the future. My guess is: games which are overlooked and fly under the radar like always. (Kuon, Haunting Ground and so many others) If you are lucky you get them, if not -- you'll survive without them.
    Last edited by lendelin; 02-21-2017 at 10:25 PM.