Hey guys, I'm new here. And i have a non-TMSS High Definition Graphics Model 1 Genesis VA3 with a Serial that starts with 30V67956 and FCC ID saying FJ846EUSASEGA as usual.
Since i love my Genesis and i care for the Non-TMSS units as i have a Populous game which is a game that does not play on your ordinary TMSS Model 1 or 2 systems. I will show you guys a new way on how to spot a non-TMSS Genesis besides looking at the FCC ID if it is FJ846EUSASEGA. If you see the serial number, Look at it and make sure it says 39 or 30 on the serial. For example, Mine is 30V67956. This helped me track down one very easily.
I was a VStock in Manchester, St Louis the other week looking for another Non-TMSS Sega Genesis model 1 but i failed and all i could find were either Sega Genesis Model 1's with TMSS that are not High Definition Graphics with Serials starting with A20, B3 or Model 2s!!!!!!

If you find a Genesis Model 1 and serial starts with 30 or 39, There is a higher chance that you might get a Non-TMSS Genesis.

This photo will help you.