One of my best friends, with whom I've probably played the most games in my life aside from my brother, has decided to sell off the biggest parts of his collection in order to raise money for a career change. He's asked me to help him figure out what to keep/sell, etc., predominantly based on what he and his family will use vs stuff he has basically for the sake of having it.

Anyway, made me think a bit. Not planning on selling anything myself, but a different question. What stuff do I have that I really dig, but rarely use? A top 5 of sorts.

1. PC-FX-it's one of the least english-friendly consoles out there, and my favorite game on it is best played versus another human (Battle Heat), and people rarely want to try it. I plan on picking up more games beyond the handful I own, but in the several years I've owned it, it's not netted a ton of time.

2. Emerson Arcadia 2001-Cat Trax is a solid Pac-clone, but the star for me is Breakaway, which plays like a hybrid of Pong and Breakout in two player mode, which rules... but few people want to play the thing.

3. Jaguar CD-easily the least-played system I own. I play Battlemorph and stuff now and again, but it goes years without being turned on at times. I keep telling myself I'm gonna get into the Jaguar homebrew scene, and instead buy another arcade board. Still, I have an affection for those early CD add-ons and the just goofy stuff on them.

4. Sega Mega Drive Modem-Sega's official modem for Japan. I have a boxed one. One US game supports it: Cyberball. Guess how many people want to try a dial-up game of Cyberball? Nobody. Absolutely nobody. Still it's so weird and interesting to look at. I could lump my Saturn Netlink in there, but an online game of Virtual On with the right person is far more feasible.

5. Steel Battalion-I bet I haven't played it in a decade. Still, it's such a unique experience that I wouldn't want to not have it available when I want it. I think it's one of those things that one day I'll really get immersed in again, but probably not anytime soon.

Anybody else have stuff like that that realistically just sits, but you'd never part with it?