It has multiple OS support, with only 32 GB of space? Sure you can add more space via USB, but as Gameguy said, that'd be pretty ugly and against the concept of having this machine in its tight package. If my quick Google-Fu is any good, that's pretty much an AMD Ryzen 3200G-like setup, isn't it? Or is the Atari Box better than that? I'd almost think, based on my own recent PC purchase of a Ryzen 2 3200g and such, for a little bit more you can get a working PC with a 256 GB SSD but just sans controllers and then get that Atari Vault or whatever it's called.

Still, "because you can"reason aside, why go through the trouble of installing a regular OS on it when one never knows if the hardware will be supported with driver updates through its life span? The thing I see with this is Atari is tossing together a sexy retro-nouveau based system with off-the-shelf parts that they toss their own setup of Linux onto. Then dangle the carrot to modders that it can "do more" out of the box and hope they get that money as well.

The controllers look kinda neat, though. Not sure about the regular controller-is that an actual D-Pad or are they aping that Steam controller? Out of the box, that controller is not going to be overly condusive to FPS style games.