Thread: What's the Most Recent Game Which You've Sold or Given Away?

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Question What's the Most Recent Game Which You've Sold or Given Away?

Post often!

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I have never sold a video game. I have only sold 1 item out of my collection, and that was earlier this summer when I sold my copy of Resident Evil: The Book to a user here that really, really wanted it. I used the money to buy arcade pcbs for Rastan, Tecmo Knight, and Desert Assault, as well as a copy of Macross 2036 for PC Engine CD and a pile of parts to repair stuff for my sister (and a Saturn and Genesis for my sister).

I have given away a ton of stuff for free. I gave my E3 promo Resident Evil hats away, one to a buddy for his birthday and one just to be nice to the guy who bought my RE book. I've given away nearly all of my doubles for free, most recently a spare copy of Base Wars on NES to one of my nephews.

I did just buy some game prizes I'll be giving away Saturday in a tournament I'm hosting at my house, but it's stuff I bought specifically for that reason. The best team gets two copies of Ghost Squad for Wii, the top point earner for playoff seeding gets one of the Q*bert mini arcade cabinets (the one with the good screen from Wal-mart), the grand prize winner gets a brand new 2DS with Mario Kart 7 installed, and the last place player gets a copy of Word Zapper for Atari VCS so they can practice their words. The person who makes me laugh the most gets the Shaquille O'Neal award of dominance, which contains such things as a sealed Shaq action figure, a Nestle Crunch bar, a Pepsi, and a copy of the CD single "How I beat Shaq" by Aaron Carter.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I try not to sell any classic games. I usually start with current gen and work my way back if I need the extra money. Although the last game I sold that would be considered classic was Castlevania: Circle of the Moon as well as other random items so I could help fund my trip to Florida. I somehow had 2 copies of circle of the moon so I just let go of my spare copy.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Tales of the Abyss for 3DS. I had an extra copy still sealed because I was at Target, and it was on clearance (a long time ago). I remember standing there knowing I'd been in the exact same spot looking at the same game before, but couldn't remember if I bought it or not. So I bought it, then months later when organizing found the original copy.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I am strongly consudering letting go of some very rare stuff that I could never replace... but all it dies us sit in storage near my washer and dryer, as it's not stuff I want to display. Mostly old retail POP. Suikoden II poster and counter standee, Star Ocean 2 counter standee, some Shenmue posters and standees... it's cool stuff, but I only have so much wall and shelf space, and I'd rather have stuff that I use there or my favorite posters. I dunno. I'll never see that kinda stuff again, but at the same time, I'm not doing anything with it, and if I'm not now, when will I?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I can't even remember. I've done very little hunting and shopping for retro games in recent years, so it's not like back in the day when I'd frequently wind up with dupes. Oh, I guess there's Shining Force on Genesis. I did buy a loose cart of that fairly recently as a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    Star Ocean 2 counter standee
    If you ever decide to part with your retail POP, I'd love to buy that. I collect anything and everything related to the Star Ocean series and other tri-Ace releases. As far as Star Ocean 2 retail POP goes, all I've got is a Japanese promo poster and an American cardboard box that's like a blown up version of the game's case. I assume the latter was designed as a window display piece. I've got a couple really cool counter standees for Star Ocean 3 and Radiata Stories, but I don't even know what the SO2 one looks like.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

ARCADE AT HERSHEY PARK

https://youtu.be/eYgSOGKd0Fw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Raiden Fighters Aces, vanilla Borderlands 2, I think vanilla Dragon's Dogma. I tossed them into a family flea-market selloff because they were in pretty crappy shape (360 discs are terrible about that). I tend to get 'pitch' games that I can dispose of without winding up butthurt if I need extra cash.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Space Channel 5 and Maken X for the Dreamcast, I'd say around a month after Space Channel 5 came out. I had been injured at work and on light duty, and needed the money to feed myself. Then I sold a Myriad 6-in-1 NES cartridge through my sister's eBay account maybe in the mid-to-late 2000s? I don't remember. And I sold Ms. Pac-Man for the Atari Lynx around 1990 to a friend. That pretty much covers every game I've ever sold in my life.

My nephew had always wanted a Genesis when he was younger because he loved Sonic games, and a neighbor gave him their old one, so I gave him lots of interesting games like Gunstar Heroes. I went by his place a month ago and was surprised to find that Genny was still hooked up to his TV along with a half-dozen other consoles. Nice.