Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Metroid: Samus returns

https://youtu.be/UhOx-FpEAQk

I already have it pre-installed, just have to get the update at midnight to play it.

Are you getting it?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yeah, looks good. I want to get the special edition and the amiibo set though. Problem is, I was going to just get the regular version, didn't know there was the reversible Metroid 2 cover which is exclusive to the special edition. I also didn't preorder the Metroid amiibo early enough, it's not available. I'm hoping there will be extras at one of the stores in my area if they don't show back up online tomorrow.

F Nintendo though. It's not just coincidence that they do this with literally every single product they release. I wouldn't even care about the amiibo if the way the game was meant to be played wasn't locked behind it. They lock the damn difficulty behind amiibo and then you can't even get the amiibo to access it. I mean wtf.

*edit*

Since it's the day of release, I wanted to check and see if any stock appeared in the systems, so I checked Best Buy first, they have the special edition available but you could only get the double pack amiibo from in store and the closest store to me was 70 miles away. So I searched Amazon and Gamestop, nothing, then looked at Walmart who had the double pack amiibo to ship. Unfortunately having to go through Walmart I had to pay an extra $12(plus the additional tax that adds onto it) than what I would have had to pay if I was able to purchase it at Best Buy. GCU would have took 20% off, $6, and I would have got free shipping.

So anyways, I'll should have the game and amiibos sometime next week.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 09-15-2017 at 03:45 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

What do you mean the "lock the difficulty" behind the amiibo? What do you mean by the amiibo is needed for the game to be played as intended?
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Short version:

The game has two hard modes: 1 you unlock by completing the game. The other is an extra hard mode that also grants the fusion suit, that one is tied to an amiibo. Though calling it "as intended" is simply the kupo's personal taste.

The other amiibo's unlock tank reserves and auto-unlock other items you can get just by completing the game. It's not that big of a deal.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

On Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate, the hardcore difficulty mode was unlocked after finishing the game, which essentially is what the Fusion mode is, hardcore difficulty but locked requiring an amiibo from the Metroid/Samus amiibo pack. Thing about hardcore difficulty is yes it was difficult, but it wasn't too difficult to make things frustrating. It actually feels like the perfect difficulty. This is the same developer of the Lords of Shadow games and each of those games had four difficulties, which I'd assume the fourth difficulty on Metroid is Fusion.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I was thinking about buying this game, but as the day arrived, I changed my mind. I'm sure it is high-quality, but despite owning many Metroid games, I've never completed one from start-to-finish, so buying another seems like a silly endeavor. Perhaps after I actually complete one of the others, I'll think about it again.