Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah Buck Filly.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Just a reminder, Billy still has an ongoing lawsuit with Karl Jobst. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out as Karl Jobst has no interest in settling or going easy on Billy in any way.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retroman View Post
    My opinion is all this money wasted for a stupid game score. Who cares.
    That about sums up my feelings on it. There are so many real problems in this world, yet there's this much to-do over something so insignificant. Like usual in these modern times, the hobby is being made to be about vitriol instead of having fun.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A score that, even if it were legitimate (it isn't), wouldn't even make it into the top 20 today.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    That about sums up my feelings on it. There are so many real problems in this world, yet there's this much to-do over something so insignificant. Like usual in these modern times, the hobby is being made to be about vitriol instead of having fun.
    Completely agree. Like I've said, the new Twin Galaxies group could have simply ignore Mitchell. He stopped being a serious "contender" for high scores well over a decade ago. But they have harbored resentment or whatever going back years, and just couldn't leave well enough alone. Nor these idiots wasting their lives disproving arcade or console high scores from 30 or 40 years ago. They're more insane than the so called cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Osirus View Post
    A score that, even if it were legitimate (it isn't), wouldn't even make it into the top 20 today.
    Exactly! See above comment!
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Completely agree. Like I've said, the new Twin Galaxies group could have simply ignore Mitchell. He stopped being a serious "contender" for high scores well over a decade ago. But they have harbored resentment or whatever going back years, and just couldn't leave well enough alone. Nor these idiots wasting their lives disproving arcade or console high scores from 30 or 40 years ago. They're more insane than the so called cheaters.
    Well I don't personally care much for high scores but I do understand some of the people who do. For people actively trying to achieve a new high score record, having to go against an existing score that's literally impossible to achieve like with the Todd Rogers Dragster record, I fully understand why people would want to disprove that score if it's fraudulent.

As for Billy, the main reason why people actively go against him is because he keeps suing people he doesn't like. It costs plenty of people actual money having to deal with his bullshit involving attorneys, so plenty of people want to shut him up permanently. Looking through all his stuff, hoping to find something to discredit him, and when actually finding something of merit(like evidence he used emulators or photos of him using non-original equipment) it's posted publicly in the hopes of discrediting him. In the event of a lawsuit involved with him, actually using evidence against him in the hopes of bankrupting him so he'll finally stop going after people. He's a bully and people want to put him in his place as he's constantly pushing people around.

Also, Twin Galaxies could have ignored Billy if Billy didn't sue them for removing his fraudulent scores.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've been saying for nearly two decades now that hardcore arcade gamers are the saddest mother fuckers in gaming and I feel like I've yet to have been proven wrong.

Do agree that Billy's hot sauce is good stuff, though. I'm not a hot sauce guy either.