Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    The internet issue isn't just limited to multiplayer or patches though. In some cases even getting the actual game requires online access (even if you buy a physical copy).
    I've only owned two games this entire generation that were online only and require an internet connection. Destiny and Warhammer Vermintide(which I sold without playing after finding out it was online only, the return policy expired, I lost maybe $4.) Two games, and I own over 150. Out of all the games released on the PS4, there's probably 10 games or less that you can get at retail that require a constant internet connection.

One game I want to get is Mega Man Legacy Collection (mostly just the second one since I never got a chance to play MM9 or 10), but the version I thought of getting--the Switch version (because the Switch can be played as a portable and thus would be more convenient for my purposes)--supposedly does a thing where you have to get online to download half the data. I'm not sure what the case is with the other versions. I suppose I could get Steam and play them on my laptop but then that's all-digital.
    Yes, it's understandably frustrating, but because the Switch has multiple sized cards and publishers feel they can get away with releasing an incomplete game and make the consumer download the rest doesn't mean that the PS4 and XBO versions are the same. So just because the Switch has small cards that developers cheap out on costs and require the rest of the game to be downloaded, automatically everything else requires an internet connection?

You've had a bad experience with the Switch and you're blowing everything else out of proportion. Just because these same games require downloads for the complete game on the Switch, of course the PS4 and XBO versions require downloads to be playable as well(no, they don't.) The scenario that you're giving out is incredibly rare even on the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    I remember a discussion on here nearly 10 years ago that people were saying we were on the last generation of physical media and I was making the argument that game sizes were growing faster than peoples internet speed(especially in rural areas) so physical was going to stick around for a long time. I think some are so accustom to always having high speed internet that they forget there is still a lot of the country (and world) where they don't, or it's spotty at best.
    Just because the internet connection in different parts of the world are worse, it doesn't give truth that the majority of games or even many games whatsoever are unplayable or even barely playable without it. I love the Mega Man series and the Castlevania series, but there are a lot of technical issues on the past games in the franchise. Great games as they may be, the majority of the games in this generation have less technical issues than both of those franchises. That's not counting the countless other good games that have technical issues as well.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-23-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.