Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
Guys, I already said pirating current games is a no-no, yes that hurts the publishers. However, what I and most have argued is for totally defunct properties and games. The overwhelming majority are not re-released in any form.

I'm not defending the legality, more the practicality. I know it's infringement, but don't give me a counter argument about lost royalties or harming re-releases, because that's simply not the case.
Yeah I agree. Like with Nintendo NES games, there was a time when they sold on the shelves for 40-70$ each. And that was 30 or so years ago. The companies who produced them made some $$ then everybody moved onto something else. Many if not most games will never be re-released in a 'legit' form; and old cart based games will never be re-released in cart form. At this point people should just enjoy roms/emulators/flashcarts without some major ethical dilemma. Like if you wanted to play a game like Little Samson, what options do you have? Buy a cart for thousands of dollars or just play a rom. Either way, anyone who had anything to do creating the original game gets no support. And its a game that can be completed from start to finish in about an hour. Most nes/oldskool cart games are very small files/small games, so when Nintendo sells u emulated games on the virtual console for 5-20$ apiece its just a ripoff (just keeping it reals). Look at how cheap Steam games are in comparison.

I just hope someday we get that Low G Man collector's edition re-release.