Hi all,

I am looking for a bit of opinion/advice here as i don't have a lot of other people to run this by.

I have two year old twins. I am a huge video game enthusiast and collector. I really want them to enjoy video games with me which the already seem to. So that is not the problem. The problem is that i am so paranoid that they wont embrace the classics, which are the main focus of my collection. I do have newer games, but i feel like i would be extremely disappointed in myself if they did not like the classics like i do. It's not like i am saying that new games are totally off limits, but i really want to make sure that they enjoy them all. The thing that really sparked this thought for me was a video on you tube that i watch about a guy buying a coleco collection from a guy with cancer. He said that the guy complained to him that he had to sell his collection because his kids did not want to play the old stuff. They were already spoiled by xbox and playstation. Aside from having cancer, that part of the story really killed me. The last thing that i want is for the collection that i have so painstakingly amassed and curated to go unappreciated. I want to share my hobby with my children and have them enjoy it too.

I am not looking for a debate on whether or not kids should have "screen time". I have already made up my mind on that. Video games are great for learning, problem solving, hand eye coordination, patients, and team work. Plus i don't play or own many violent games if any. So that is also not a worry of mine. I just have such an appreciation and enjoyment that i want to make sure my children enjoy it all just as much and appreciate all of the styles of games and not get spoiled by new fancy graphics. As of right now they are always asking for Mario Odyssey and i want to expose them to the different generations of Mario without making them feel like i am just taking Mario Odyssey away. Has anyone else dealt with this and what have you done? Any good ideas on what works?

Thanks in advance