I have some thoughts on game titles I would like to share. I was thinking just now how there are some games I have avoided over the years simply due to their title. I was thinking about how Bassin's Black Bass got great scores yet Bass Masters Classic was always the one I played. I think the use of a person's name in a game title has always turned me off. I don't know if Bassin is a real person, a character in the game, or if it's just a play on words, but for some reason, when a specific person's name is in the title, I feel it just cheapens the name of the game. Another example is Al Unser Jrs Turbo Racing. Who Al Unser is I have no clue. Did kids rush out to get this because it was Al Unsers game? No idea. That name means nothing to me and I feel really dates the game.

A more obvious title annoyance is the obligatory year in (mostly) sports games. Yeah Madden 19 sounds pretty cool in February 2018, but it 2030, how many people are going to want to play it? I doubt many. King of Fighters did this for a while too. Even Galaga (Galaga '88.) Nothing dates a product more than putting the current year in the game title and to me says that the developers don't see you playing the game more than a year after it's released. Robotron 2084 really got it right, as did Miner 2049er. Those guys were really thinking ahead!

Some other titles are just so generic that they have crap written all over them. TechnoCop, Renegade, Rollergames, Mech. Attack. None of those titles entice me to want to play them.

Other bad titles, for example would be the needless "The Adventures of..." in front of the name of the star of the game. Example: The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends. Does the title really need to be this long? Couldn't they have just said Rocky & Bullwinkle? There's at least 5 SNES games like this and 9 on the NES. I think back then the marketing strategy said that the longer the title is, the better, in contrast to now where the shortest titles tend to be more popular; Halo, Destiny, COD, Minecraft, Fortnite.

The Mega Man game boy games... they are numbered the same way as the NES versions but they're different games... are they just watered down versions of the NES versions they correspond to? Very confusing.