Thread: 2019 Yearly Finds

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    I dont know where/how you guys are able to find games at garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets. Im lucky if I see a copy of NBA Live 2003 for Xbox at a garage sales. The flea markets Ive been to just have resellers. Nobody selling games that have been in their basement for 20 years
    Until recently, game hunting has been fairly dry or if I do find something, the price is inflated. The local Goodwill has a bunch of PS2, PS3 and Wii games but mostly sports related or dirt common stuff like Uncharted and the like. They get some DS/3DS games but they are mostly the kid stuff. Anything older is rare to find. I haven't been to another thrift that's nearby that Goodwill in a while but there it's usually bare. Once I found a couple good Gamecube games (one was Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess) but that was a blue moon affair. The Salvation Army downtown has had zip for years.

Where I live there are two thrifts: a St Vincent's and a place called Neat Repeats. The latter doesn't always have games, though when they do the price is usually right. The St Vinnys had games at good prices on a fairly regular basis until possibly someone there started checking eBay on collectible prices. Then there was a drought as more stuff was put online. Then after their remodel they put out a load of post 2000's titles but most of the prices were rather high for a donation shop. There was a Tony Hawk game on Xbox going for $12 which I've seen at game stores for less. After a while, more releases came out but more at the "thrift store" level as no one was buying. Hence probably why I got Contra for cheap. Right now their old stuff is out save for some GB snd GBC games.

My area could be going through a game collecting renaissance of sorts where buyers looking to flip have moved elsewhere or onto other things or people don't want to go through the eBay hassle.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to YoshiM For This Useful Post:

Slate (09-25-2019)