I started playing my Lynx which in and of itself is not the easiest of tasks; however, after playing for 5 minutes on fully charged batteries, the screen died and the battery light started flashing and dimming. The odd thing is that the screen wasnt completely gone, just blacked out but the light still seemed to be working.

I popped out all six (!) AA batteries, (3 different brands) and they all had higher voltages than what they said on the batteries themselves. So for one that said 1.2V on the label, its actual voltage was 1.257V

I cant imagine Im putting too much voltage into it? The batteries are rechargeable if that makes a difference. And I cant imagine I would need six batteries of the same brand