Most of us are going to draw from multiple eras of classic gaming, we're going to like various games from various eras. But which ones do you play the MOST, as in, if you could only play a certain era of classic games for a year, which would you choose?

A) Pre-Crash classic gaming, anything before about 1985 (pre-NES). The post-1985 games on Atari 2600, Intellivision, and other pre-Crash systems are in this category as well.

B) 8/16-bit classic gaming, anything from about 1985 to 1995. This is from NES to anything before Sega Saturn. There are some post-1995 games in this category as well, as long as they came on systems that launched between 1985-1994.

C) JAG-era (32 bit era and up) classic gaming, anything from about 1995 to 2005. This is the 32-bit and PS2-era generations, any system launched from Sega Saturn to before Nintendo DS. Stuff like PSX and PS2 and their contemporaries. One could call this the "3D era", but there were still a few 2D gems of this era as well.

Personally, I would go with C, because it's the era I grew up on. Honestly, it's probably my favorite era of gaming. No DRM bogged-down, overly online intensive games like today. The graphics weren't photo-realistic, but numerous games from the era's looks have stood the test of time. The classic platformer type games were a lot more common then, stuff like Jak and Daxter, Super Mario 64, the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy were some of my favorites. It was far enough removed from the arcade era that the "x number of lives, no continues" ideal was pretty much gone. Of course, in the (B) era that ideal was reasonably common as well, but in the (C) era unlimited continues became ubiquitous.