Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
Oh sorry, I didn't realize that article was so inflammatory. I only skimmed it and only read about the development aspects. The narrative aspect of the game doesn't interest me much.

edit: I just re-skimmed and searched the article and there are absolutely no references to race in it whatsoever. I don't know why you are focusing on race in your comment.
"even if its portrayal of police shootings feels wholly inappropriate set against the nightly news."

In 2016 the news was dominated with stories about police brutality and in 99% of the cases the victim was an unarmed African American male. Vice is a very liberal news org. I dont see anything inappropriate with the game whatsoever unless there is a part of the game where you are going after someone who looks like Michael Brown.

another game that comes to mind where you play a crooked cop is True Crime. you can stop and frisk anyone you want, kill anyone of any age or ethnicity and some of the Hispanic pedestrians even inform you that they have a green card.

I love these kind of games and I think people should just lighten up. a lot of it is how the violence is presented when I think a game is inappropriate. I have yet to play a game where I felt "ok this is in bad taste." Vice is trying to create something out of nothing and knowing their positions I know what angle they are playing. you wouldnt see this article on a right wing site.