Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I came home from vacation yesterday. I go into work today only to find out that my boss changed my schedule and I wasn't supposed to work today. Which means I could have taken an extra day of vacation time. That sucks.

So I headed out and hit a few GameXchange stores and a Movie Trading Company. I really appreciate the indie style games for the PS4, it's not all triple-A developers making lowest common denominator games. And each store has a different selection of games, something else I appreciate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yesterday was payday, so I hit a few Game X Change stores and finally found one that had a Playstation VR set. It was $119.95. But then I also had to get two Move controllers which cost $23 each. Then I needed to get the Rick & Morty: Virtual Rickality game, because I've been wondering about it since it was released. I also came across a remake of Battlezone for VR and a copy of Eagle Flight which looks cool. I only have one charging cable for the Move controllers, so I'm going to have to get one of those cheapo charging cradles with my next paycheck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Got a few things, though much at blockbuster prices.

I swung by a thrift store Saturday as I was getting stuff to make for lunch for the brood. For games they had a very festive complete "Christmas Carol" DS game for $2.50. I also came upon a Samsung Galaxy J3 with charger for $2. That thing looks pert-near flawless. I just had to boot into a "safe mode" to factory reset it as the past owner didn't clear anything and had a swipe code. The local art center where my wife works and is the theater chair for is looking to try and do streaming for shows. I figure I could cobble something together with my phone, this J3, my Sony Handicam and my laptop and use Open Broadcaster Software to make it all happen.

I did get my Super Mario Bros Game and Watch, which is really cool! No stand, which sucks and I need a charger, but it is slick. Emulation feels spot on and the screen is crisp. It is now leaning on my Realistic Desk Cube at work. Once I get power for it, hopefully I can keep the clock running. I also decided to get a TurboGrafx-16 Mini off Amazon for $78. It was used, but save for a slight dent in the box, you couldn't tell. Seems to work well for what little I got to play on it.

The local Wal-Mart lowered the price of "The Legend of Zelda: OoT"for the 3DS to $10. I picked up a couple copies for the kids for Christmas.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Yesterday was payday, so I hit a few Game X Change stores and finally found one that had a Playstation VR set. It was $119.95. But then I also had to get two Move controllers which cost $23 each. Then I needed to get the Rick & Morty: Virtual Rickality game, because I've been wondering about it since it was released. I also came across a remake of Battlezone for VR and a copy of Eagle Flight which looks cool. I only have one charging cable for the Move controllers, so I'm going to have to get one of those cheapo charging cradles with my next paycheck.

oh i was wanting to get a PSVR since they are fairly cheap used now, $120 is better than most places.

Eventhough its not a real granturismo game you should try sport in VR its interesting

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Steve W (11-26-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Well, I've been having problems with the PS4 and Move controllers. Rick & Morty: Virtual Rickality needs Move controllers, but I could only get one to sync. I think the batteries can't hold a charge, so I ordered a couple replacements off Amazon which should be here in a day or two. Battlezone doesn't need Move controllers to play, so I loaded that up. The visuals are only okay, I can't adjust the internal lenses for my eyes like the Virtual Boy could, and the internal screens seemed lower resolution than I thought they'd be. When I had gotten through the menus and was about to start playing, I was suddenly at the PS4 menu screen and the disc was ejected without me doing anything. And then it refused to allow the disc to be put back in. I knew buying a bunch of second-hand game stuff would mean problems, but I hope nothing else on this thing screws up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Got up earlier than normal and went out flea market shopping. And of course, found nothing. So I hit a few GameXchanges coming home. I forgot to put the Move Controller charging stand I bought into the picture, good thing I have one now since I just installed new batteries in the Move Controllers so I can finally use the things. By the way, the Japanese title on top is OneeChambara Z2 Chaos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I took apart the PS4 and fixed the problem with randomly ejecting discs, so I could finally play games for more than a few minutes. I tried out Battlezone VR tonight... I'm probably not going to play too much of that one. Puke-a-tronic. Real motion sickness issues. Maybe I'll need to get my brain used to VR after playing it for a while, kind of like how not gaming after months or years then playing a first-person shooter can make you nauseous. You've got to get used to the fact your eyes are seeing one thing but your inner ear is telling you something else.

I picked up a UK import of Arizona Sunshine today. And this nice styrofoam head to rest my VR helmet on. Got the styrofoam head from a Japanese store chain that entered Dallas a few years ago called Daiso, essentially a Japanese dollar store. The head was in the art section next to little wooden human pose dolls, and it has a very anime girl inspired face. I'm thinking of going back and picking up one of their cheap cosplay-style wigs to go on it so it doesn't look so much like an alien.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

wigs and glitter

go full kawaii on its ass!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Steve W (12-03-2020)