Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
Practically ANY game system is commanding mucho money right now. It seems like after a week Nintendo ended production of the 2/3DS, used prices of the system doubled. I could get a 2DS for about $45 from the local game store. It jumped to about $70-75. 2DS XL's are going for more than MSRP when you could get them for $100 refurbished from Nintendo.

The Jaguar, however, was a goofy system price wise, at least here in Wisconsin. I remember seeing it go for peanuts in some catalog but, like Steve, I didn't have the cash in the 90's to drop on this. It wasn't until later that I jumped on a Jaguar system at some consignment type store that I paid maybe $70 for it with Cybermorph. This was maybe around 1999 or 2000 and eBay was starting to be a thing and savvy people were starting to figure out games could be worth something. I saw Jag prices being double of what they were being closed out at, so that's why I dove into the Jaguar universe when I did. I didn't stay in that universe too long as the games never clicked for me.

To correlate that, a local video store was clearing out the NES games for like $6 a pop. This included complete titles like "Bubble Bath Babes" and the "Action 52", which I snagged. I sold them later (as they sucked) and got good money. I think the video store figured it out that I and others were flipping the games as later on they started charging "eBay prices" or whatever they used to look up the going price.
I would like to know where the Panesian games and other unlicensed NES titles were sold at. How did your video store get them I wonder?

As a kid, I dont remember ever seeing any of the unlicensed titles besides the Camerica games at the video rental stores. Definitely not the Panesian games. I feel like I may have seen the Wisdom Tree games at least